• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robinson Cano

One reason why we really can't afford Cano, and the others like Cabrera who will follow, is the Pujols and Hamilton contracts are back-loaded. Their salaries increase with each year left on their deals.

We'll end up with a $200+ million payroll for years to come if we keep signing these free agents.

And think about how much Trout will cost, and for how many years.

Edited by fan_since79

Great idea lets negotiate with Cano and lose a first round draft pick. Have to pay someone another 20 mil a year salary while we still haven't resigned Trout. We also have 3 second basemen who are good to decent. I will pass on an aging veteran. 

I was referring to the Yankees saying he wasn't a must-sign.  That's basic negotiation, trying to drive down the price.

CaNO........I think we're done with huge contracts. Cano is going to demand a contract somewhere between Hamilton's and Pujols.

Haven't we had enough of those long term deals?

Don't get me wrong, Cano is a good player but at this point much of what you'd be paying for is past performance.

I hope and pray that Arte has learned that big splashes in the winter don't necessarily equal pennants - say no to Cano

For all of the salaries the Dodgers have dished out the new ownership dd not guarantee any money to a player after his age 36 season.

Dear Arte,

Can you please ensure you micromanage contracts to NOT guarantee players ANY money after their 36 season.

A desperate Angel fan, - Youth of Today

PS -- I know you love the Yankees first and foremost. I know you would love to get Cano. Considering your instincts have brought 3 straight disastrous offseasons saddling the organization with more than $550 million of crappy contracts, please stay out of player personnel decisions.

Do not sign Cano.