• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo increasing that trade value

NrM

He has a lot to prove next year since that's two straight years of injuries and under performance.

he has a lot to prove, but not because of it.

His 2011 and start this year would lead to believing his sporatic 2012 was a fluke (which it was). His injuries thisyear have been bad luck. Hamstrings, especially for speed guys, are tricky. The broken wrist could have been anyone, not any different than weaver breaking an elbow falling down.

I'm sure if a I mentioned matt kemp, people would say he would have been the key to the dodgers being supernatural this year. And people would say that based on his 2011.

But has he ever had a year like 2011 (either before or after?). He's been injured for two years now. And 2010 he wasn't near the same guy.

Now, am I trying in any way to say bourjos is anywhere as good as kemp? No, not at all. My point is that both have been injured, both have had their numbers spike. Both should be looked at as a question mark going forward, but both deserve a big picture view of why.

Bourjos sure does seem to get "unlucky" a lot. Maybe he's just not that good of a ball player eh?

Bourjos has produced 9 WAR in what amounts to a little over 2 full seasons worth of PAs (1136).  Even if he doesn't get one bit better than he is now, he's still good enough to start for pretty much any team in baseball. 

The other thing to consider is that there are THREE DH candidates for 2-3 years down the road in Trumbo, Pujols, and Hamilton.

Because of that, it makes the most sense to trade Trumbo and have Hamilton DH most if the time with Pujols also DHing some.

Besides, a Trout, Bourjos, and Calhoun OF won't let many drives past them.