• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo increasing that trade value

NrM

Trade Kendrick (because we have depth at 2B) and Bourjos (tons of outfield depth) for pitching in the offseason. 

Chuck, who do you see as depth at 2B?  Are you sold on Green?  I don't think anyone wants to see Romine play every day, the jury is still very much out on Jimenez, and Lindsay is still a couple years away from my understanding.

Actually, Keith Law thinks the Angels have the most depth at 2B of any team in the majors: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/post?id=1228

- subscription required. He also includes Taylor Lindsey in the discussion (with Kendrick and Green) and mentions that Jose Rondon could end up at 2B and that Alex Yarbrough could be a second-division starter.

For me, any of Kendrick, Bourjos, Trumbo could go.  They are all readily available.  Trade the one (or two) that gets you the best net return.

This. The people calling Bourjos untouchable are pretty crazy IMO. His play has not been close to untouchable since 2011, and that was his one good season. The other years he's either struggled at the dish or been injured. If they can get a Major League ready arm for Bourjos that has the upside to be a #2 or #3 starter, then I would hope Dipoto would consider it.

Actually, Keith Law thinks the Angels have the most depth at 2B of any team in the majors: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/post?id=1228

- subscription required. He also includes Taylor Lindsey in the discussion (with Kendrick and Green) and mentions that Jose Rondon could end up at 2B and that Alex Yarbrough could be a second-division starter.

Depth at minor league doesn't really mean depth for next year's team.

Edited by rageous

What Rageous said, currently for 2014 we have Bourjos, Trout, Calhoun, Trumbo, Hamilton, and Shuck for 3 OF spots and DH.

Other than Kendrick, we only have Grant Green who is MLB ready currently.

I believe Lindsey is major league ready IMO. I've seen enough to like him at 2B for the Angels next season. He definitely made an impression this past spring on Scioscia and the staff as well. 

I believe Lindsey is major league ready IMO. I've seen enough to like him at 2B for the Angels next season. He definitely made an impression this past spring on Scioscia and the staff as well. 

I like Lindsey long term.   I just hope he can make the jump from AA to the majors, or at least need only a couple of months at AAA. 

my only hesitation on trading Bourjos would be that he his value to the rest of the league might have dropped.  He seems injury prone and he doesn't even fully take advantage of his best asset (low SB).

Injury prone implies that he gets injured through his own rough play. Getting hit on the wrist by a pitch isn't "injury prone". Just a clarification because that phrase is tossed around and players get tagged with it even though the injury happened through no fault of their own.

Trumbo will get a pretty solid return. Same for Kendrick. Bourjos? Not so sure after his injury concerns this year. 

I think Trumbo and Kendrick are the two most likely players to be traded this off season. Close seconds might be Aybar and Bourjos.

Injury prone implies that he gets injured through his own rough play. Getting hit on the wrist by a pitch isn't "injury prone". Just a clarification because that phrase is tossed around and players get tagged with it even though the injury happened through no fault of their own.

So I guess the hip issues and hamstring issues aren't injuries, they're make believe

So I guess the hip issues and hamstring issues aren't injuries, they're make believe

No the hip/hamstring deal is a real injury. But it is only one injury, not plural injuries. There is a difference. It does not mean "prone".