• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gammons on MLB network

Jobu

Dipoto has an excellent track record of picking young pitching via trade:

-Corbin, Skaggs

-Frieri

that's always blown me away why some on here think he's clueless when it comes to pitching.

He did ah*t the bed on blanton. Almost cancels out the others. But I'd bet he's more 'for' going after younger guys than the perception....he's got a boss like the rest of us.

that's always blown me away why some on here think he's clueless when it comes to pitching.

He did ah*t the bed on blanton. Almost cancels out the others. But I'd bet he's more 'for' going after younger guys than the perception....he's got a boss like the rest of us.

A boss who thinks he is the Albert Einstein of player personnel decisions when, in fact, he is more like Corky (Life Goes On).

Good thing he is a complete micromanager. I have no idea how anybody expects a GM to succeed between Scioscia and Moreno.

I find it interesting that when Dipoto first started all the articles were about how he was the new sheriff in town, how he drove the Pujols signing, etc. etc. etc....suddenly it's all about how Arte pushed those signings, Arte did this, Arte did that...and won't let Dipoto do his job. I have a feeling there's some reputation management going on.

Dipoto has made some big mistakes already here. We have huge contracts, no farm system, poor fa signing and hopefully not a disgruntled mIke trout.

I wouldn't question him being fired. This team is far worse off now, with Dipoto as GM before he came here

Edited by seenoevil

Dipoto has made some big mistakes already here. We have huge contracts, no farm system, poor fa signing and hopefully not a disgruntled mIke trout.

I wouldn't question him being fired. This team is far worse off now, with Dipoto as GM before he came here

I thought this as well for a long time. But with all the reports that it was basically Arte doing this all himself. He is the main problem. Screw that micro managing owner. He is the reason we are in this mess. I blame everything on him. 

As long as Arte is running this show. I won't be buying anymore tickets, Angels apparel or buying anything to eat or drink at the stadium the last two games I have through season tickets. Good luck Arte.

Teach him a lesson and take it one step further by logging off and not posting ever again until you are fully satisfied the team is going in the right direction.

If Dipoto is fired who in their right mind would take that position if Arte and Scioscia continue to micromanage everything into oblivion only to blame the powerless GM?

This a thousand times over. I know some of Jerry's moves didn't pan out but if this is the kind of message being sent I'd never accept a GM position with the Angels if I couldn't run the show.

I hope they get a proven starter and one young arm. As much as I'd like two young arms, I don't think we could compete for a playoff spot with two starters on an innings limit.

I'd love to see Dipoto try to revisit the Aybar for Martinez/Wacha and try to put a package of Trumbo, Bourjos & others for David Price.

Price

Weaver

Wilson

Wacha

Richards

That rotation on paper gives me a raging boner

We as fans don't really know what rumors are true and which are not ... making your own assumptions could be hazardous to your well being as a fan.

Everyone from Arte down to the fans want to win ... you could call it a learning curve ball.

agreed.

There's evidence that could make an argument for plentyof people to get blamed...the problem is, a lot of it contradicts other 'reliable' reports.

Thought I read on here howie has the dogs on a no trade list? Maybe he was the veto.

agreed.

There's evidence that could make an argument for plentyof people to get blamed...the problem is, a lot of it contradicts other 'reliable' reports.

Thought I read on here howie has the dogs on a no trade list? Maybe he was the veto.

Actually Scout that very well could be the reason why it didn't go through. It would be interesting to know which teams Howie can block and I wonder if that list will change at the beginning of the New Year?