• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gammons on MLB network

Jobu

I know for a fact the Angels had a deal in place that would've sent Aybar to the Cardinals, but it was dependent upon the Cardinals making another move.  The deal would not go through unless the Cards made this other trade.  After the news of Molina's injury, the Cards backed out of whatever deal they had with whatever other team there was and thus also backed out of the deal with Aybar.

Just magine if the Angels made the Kendrick and Aybar deals.  It's entirely possible we'd have Wacha and Lee in the rotation next year along with Richards, Wilson and Weav.  That'd be a sick combo.  

I know for a fact the Angels had a deal in place that would've sent Aybar to the Cardinals, but it was dependent upon the Cardinals making another move. The deal would not go through unless the Cards made this other trade. After the news of Molina's injury, the Cards backed out of whatever deal they had with whatever other team there was and thus also backed out of the deal with Aybar.

Just magine if the Angels made the Kendrick and Aybar deals. It's entirely possible we'd have Wacha and Lee in the rotation next year along with Richards, Wilson and Weav. That'd be a sick combo.

This makes me wanna cry. I hope they revisit this in the offseason

Also, I have no idea if this is the way Arte works, but if he nixed a deal to the Dodgers that would've brought in both Withrow and Lee in return for Kendrick just because he has too much pride to deal with his neighbors, then that's awfully stupid. 

If Arte nixed the deal I'd think it was because trading Kendrick sends the message to fans that 'we are rebuilding' and perhaps he doesn't want the fans to feel that way.

I know for a fact the Angels had a deal in place that would've sent Aybar to the Cardinals, but it was dependent upon the Cardinals making another move.  The deal would not go through unless the Cards made this other trade.  After the news of Molina's injury, the Cards backed out of whatever deal they had with whatever other team there was and thus also backed out of the deal with Aybar.

Just magine if the Angels made the Kendrick and Aybar deals.  It's entirely possible we'd have Wacha and Lee in the rotation next year along with Richards, Wilson and Weav.  That'd be a sick combo.  

Having Wacha, Lee and Withrow would be like having Corbin, Skaggs, and Torres a couple of years ago.  That would've been awesome. 

From Gammon's journal:

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/cj-wilson-and-the-angels-pitching/

"If Jerry DiPoto had been allowed to trade Howie Kendrick to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Chris Withrow at the deadline, things would look a lot better."

Sure sounds like someone in our organization told him to nix the deal.

The Angels are the Jets of MLB. Arte is the butt fumble.

They need good young pitching that's controllable for more than 2 years until we can get a better idea as to what the Angels have in the low minors.  We know Sappington's on his way, Roth looks like he may be a 5th starter, Shoemaker made some serious strides in AAA, but past them the majority of our SP depth is in Orem.  

I'm not saying the kids in Orem will be Anaheim in 2 years, but 2 years will give us enough time to reassess at least. 

I'm still trying to figure out why you all think Zach Lee is that great ... and how you think he'll help us in 2014 since he just finished Double-A and wasn't exactly lights out.

I want a proven young starter.

Period.

This, plus why not wait until the off-season to get more teams involved, that's how they can make the best deal possible.

From Gammon's journal:

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/cj-wilson-and-the-angels-pitching/

"If Jerry DiPoto had been allowed to trade Howie Kendrick to the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Chris Withrow at the deadline, things would look a lot better."

Sure sounds like someone in our organization told him to nix the deal.

Gammons can't even get Dipoto's name right. 

I'm still trying to figure out why you all think Zach Lee is that great ... and how you think he'll help us in 2014 since he just finished Double-A and wasn't exactly lights out. 

Period. 

I though you liked Zach Lee Chuck?

Does Moreno even know that there are two solid 2B on the farm poised to take Kendrick's spot?

No.  The owner, who shows up at all the spring training games he can and has an obvious interest in the team doesn't know anything about the farm system and the next potential Brandon Woods's.

I remember the time Gammons attributed a statement to Edmonds, and then later admitted he hadn't actually talked to him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1018844/2/index.htm

ahhh...good times.

Let's say this is true and Arte nixed the deal. At that point he needs to fire Dipoto, because obviously he doesn't have his respect, or Dipoto doesn't have the stones to stand up to him. It's similar to what Cashman went through in NY. 

I remember the time Gammons attributed a statement to Edmonds, and then later admitted he hadn't actually talked to him.

ahhh...good times.

Let's say this is true and Arte nixed the deal. At that point he needs to fire Dipoto, because obviously he doesn't have his respect, or Dipoto doesn't have the stones to stand up to him. It's similar to what Cashman went through in NY. 

Or maybe he needs to do as he said he needs to do which is look in the mirror and ask himself if he really has any business interjecting into baseball decisions?  (Beyond writing the checks of course)

In my opinion hiring a GM without giving him the authority to bring in his own manager if need be was cutting his legs out from under him from the beginning.  If that continues Dipoto needs to just resign.  

Edited by full circle

Period. 

Good point.  Waiting till the off season is the right move.  More options.  Wait till you know whether Vargas is coming back.  A chance to eval your 2b options. 

ahhh...good times.

Or maybe he's already decided to fire him and he doesn't want Dipoto making any more moves whatsoever.  Being that Callapso and Downs were going to be FA's, Dipoto was allowed to get what he could. 

If Moreno fires Dipoto there wouldn't be a whole lot to respect about the decision.  I'd call it down right chickenshit.  

assuming the rumors of Arte being the ring leader are true.  Which may have some truth but could also be overblown substantially.  Nonetheless, I agree that JD should be given more leeway than a single bad season even though several of the recent moves made have been questionable to downright awful.  Regardless of who orchestrated them.