• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gotta give MLB credit re: new schedule

nate

Has anyone felt like this year's schedule was any different than others?  Playing the NL throughout the year seems to have transitioned seamlessly.  I actually prefer this to the old interleague schedule.

I still think they need to make the DH rule universal.  I bet it is coming within the next few years.

Has anyone felt like this year's schedule was any different than others? Playing the NL throughout the year seems to have transitioned seamlessly. I actually prefer this to the old interleague schedule.

I still think they need to make the DH rule universal. I bet it is coming within the next few years.

Agree. I also would prefer the DH rule by universal throughout all of baseball.

Teams should play under the same rules.  The DH is not going away.  It should be in both leagues.

I don't understand why anyone wants to watch Jered Weaver bat 100 times per season... or why you wouldn't get annoyed if Weaver was throwing a 1 hit shutout in the 7th, but was yanked because the team had the bases loaded when he came up in a tie game. 

Baseball is better with a DH.   It is used in all leagues to some extent, except for the National League.  Minor leagues, college, high school.  That makes the NL rules even more crazy. A lot of pitchers have never really hit that much.  Then, they have to face the best pitchers in the world?  Ridiculous.  

In another hundred years we'll be talking about how the batters use to actually grab a glove and go play defense...

I'm an AL fan, but if one way had  to go they should get rid of the DH, it's not real baseball, but I prefer the set up the way it has been. I'm not sure why we need to make everything the same, just like I'm not really sure why the AL and NL even need to play each other in the first place.

I'm all for advancing baseball, through instant replay, creating a salary floor and ceiling, drug testing everyone, advancing the sport internationally.  

But one thing I've never really been able to get n board with is the idea of interleague play.  I think it would make the World Series so much more special if the leagues didn't mix.  Allow one interleague series per season, but make it more of a geographical rivalry.  Like the Angels play the Dodgers twice a year at home and twice at Chavez Ravine.  The rest of the games stay in the AL.