• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

School confiscates 3rd graders cupcakes

The principal could have just explained to the boy that although the cupcakes were very nice, the army men would be removed before they were served because of the no gun policy. He can retrieve them from the office on the way out.

Everything doesn't have to become a political fight.

The principal could have just explained to the boy that although the cupcakes were very nice, the army men would be removed before they were served because of the no gun policy. He can retrieve them from the office on the way out.

Everything doesn't have to become a political fight.

I'm sure the dad would have been OK with that, and he wouldn't have made a fuss.  Much better if the school doesn't tell the parents what they're doing.

The point is this is taking the no gun policy and the spirit and reasoning for those kind of zero tolerance policies to an unnecessary and ridiculous extreme. It never should have been an issue.

I wish it wasn't an issue and think it shouldn't be, but unfortunately it appears the school thought it might be.  They reacted accordingly with that in mind.  It shouldn't even be a news story.  I don't blame the school for what appears to be an overreaction.  

A lot of dumb things happening in this.

First, a mom being offended by GI Joes is just trolling.  If she is that worried she should withdraw her kid from school because boys will be boys.

Second, the school reacting, or over reacting to the moms complaint.  In reality I see why the school did it because shit like this never ends up well, but there has to be some sort of limit to what you will react to.

In the end I think this is a non story.  I am sure shit like this happens every day.  Everything has to be so PC now, whether it is God, country, race, gender or sexual preference, there is almost no way to avoid controversy if someone wants to stir it up.

Every kid I went to school with would be on Ritalin these days because we had fun at school and didn't know what Politically correct meant.  It's unbelievable what standards they have to endure at school but what they can see and do at home on Internet.

It's really not that difficult to be politically correct, and still have fun. Unless of course... 

this is a new level of ridiculous...

I'm hearing flashbacks from the movie Demolition Man in my head...
I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

this is a new level of ridiculous...

I'm hearing flashbacks from the movie Demolition Man in my head...

I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

That may be your future, but what about ours?