• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

School confiscates 3rd graders cupcakes

are you gunning to be the trolldaddy of the spin forum?

No.  My question was valid.  The dad was in a snit and compared the plastic green army men to the heroes of WWII.  To most kids (and I'm assuming this one as well) they're nothing more than toys.  Pops is planting his meaning onto his kids and generating false outrage, all to get some attention.  This isn't really a big deal but the dad sure wants it to be.  

You're right, it isn't a big deal until the school turned it into one. It was an inane decision on their part.

Think about the litigious society we live in.  Schools have to be hyper-sensitive out of fear of a stupid lawsuit that will drain valuable resources.  It might seem inane on the surface but with a potential lawsuit in the making, perhaps it isn't.  Also, they have to weigh the options: leave the men on the cupcakes and have some idiots bitch about them, or take them off and have some idiots bitch about them.  At least by removing them they're showing some concern, even if you don't agree with it.

The father was the one making the big deal about it, not the school.

Really?  Seems to me the dad is the one making the big deal out of it.  The school just removed the army men from the cupcakes.  The dad is the one bitching to the media.  

Perhaps the notion of a lawsuit was exaggerated.  However...once again, the potential existed for parents to complain about the army men being on the cupcakes.  If the school didn't remove them then they face the potential of those families making a stink.  They decided to err on the side of caution.  And once again, it's the dad making a big deal about it.  

So what if there was an outside chance some parent(s) would complain about the green army men? Tell them they're being ridiculous and move on. They could have put forth the same amount of effort explaining away their actions if someone complained just as they did with their decision to remove them. They decided the army men were inappropriate and in part tied that to the recent school shooting which is absolutely inane. It's stupid and lines up with a lot of similarly over reactions made by schools in recent years. The father should complain. Of course he is the one drawing attention to it. Why would the school do it? It was innocuous and the school over reacted.

Really?  Seems to me the dad is the one making the big deal out of it.  The school just removed the army men from the cupcakes.  The dad is the one bitching to the media.  

Perhaps the notion of a lawsuit was exaggerated.  However...once again, the potential existed for parents to complain about the army men being on the cupcakes.  If the school didn't remove them then they face the potential of those families making a stink.  They decided to err on the side of caution.  And once again, it's the dad making a big deal about it.  

There is a potential lawsuit in every decision that is made.  Why not just stick with what actually makes sense?  

By the way, it was the mom who told the school to remove the army men, the school didn't come up with that solution.  They freaked out and called the kids parents.  

There is a potential lawsuit in every decision that is made.  Why not just stick with what actually makes sense?  

By the way, it was the mom who told the school to remove the army men, the school didn't come up with that solution.  They freaked out and called the kids parents.  

Fountain explained that his wife had made the cupcakes. His son, Hunter, helped decorate them. The following morning, Fountain’s wife brought the taboo treats to the school’s front office, where the secretary reportedly remarked favorably on their appearance.

“About 15 minutes later the school called my wife and told her they couldn’t serve the cupcakes because the soldiers had guns,” Fountain told Fox News. “My wife told them to remove the soldiers and serve the cupcakes anyway — and I believe she may have used more colorful language.”

-------------------

So yeah, the wife said to remove them and then the dad bitched about it.  I don't see anything about the school "freaking out."  They did the right thing by calling the parents and informing them of a situation.  The parents are the ones freaking out, not the school.  Unless you consider calling parents to discuss a situation "freaking out."  

So if a school has something they think could have a situation on their hands, they should just ignore it instead of "overreacting" and not call the parents or anything. Got it.  

And yeah, the dad is a whiny, melodramatic bitch.  Hell, he even named his kid Hunter.