• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rays-Angels trade

The two teams have explored a Trumbo-Hellickson swap at least twice in the last two years.  It's making less sense with time though, Loney has done a good job at 1B for the Rays, they can't really use a DH-only type of player because they need that position to keep Longoria and Zobrist in the lineup every night and as a corner OF, Trumbo probably wouldn't be that big of an upgrade over Matt Joyce right now.  And for the Angels, if Pujols can't stay on the field the Angels either need Trumbo at 1B or would need Cron/Calhoun to come through and become everyday players.  On top of which, Hellickson, though he's a fantastic pitcher with upside, this season has really deflated his value to the point where you begin to wonder if you'd rather have him or Phil Hughes.  Hughes would cost more money but Hellickson would cost Trumbo. 

I saw the trade working out for both sides in the past, and it may still work, but it seems unlikely.  As for Moore and Price, untouchable. 

Do you guys think we could pull off a trade to acquire david price and jeremy hellickson or maybe matt moore if the rays would be willing to trade him for a package centered around borjous and trumbo

Do you guys think we could pull off a trade to acquire david price and jeremy hellickson or maybe matt moore if the rays would be willing to trade him for a package centered around borjous and trumbo

LMAO   don't need to read any more......price and hellickson for PB and Trumbo........LOL

The two teams have explored a Trumbo-Hellickson swap at least twice in the last two years. It's making less sense with time though, Loney has done a good job at 1B for the Rays, they can't really use a DH-only type of player because they need that position to keep Longoria and Zobrist in the lineup every night and as a corner OF, Trumbo probably wouldn't be that big of an upgrade over Matt Joyce right now. And for the Angels, if Pujols can't stay on the field the Angels either need Trumbo at 1B or would need Cron/Calhoun to come through and become everyday players. On top of which, Hellickson, though he's a fantastic pitcher with upside, this season has really deflated his value to the point where you begin to wonder if you'd rather have him or Phil Hughes. Hughes would cost more money but Hellickson would cost Trumbo.

I saw the trade working out for both sides in the past, and it may still work, but it seems unlikely. As for Moore and Price, untouchable.

Price isnt untouchable the rays probably wont be able to pay him and hes a free agent in 2015 i believe. As for moore i heard last offseason they were open to trading him for the right deal And for hellickson i know the angels like him so i thought the angels could possibly ask for hellickson to go along with price id they were offering a big package

The two teams have explored a Trumbo-Hellickson swap at least twice in the last two years.  It's making less sense with time though, Loney has done a good job at 1B for the Rays, they can't really use a DH-only type of player because they need that position to keep Longoria and Zobrist in the lineup every night and as a corner OF, Trumbo probably wouldn't be that big of an upgrade over Matt Joyce right now.  And for the Angels, if Pujols can't stay on the field the Angels either need Trumbo at 1B or would need Cron/Calhoun to come through and become everyday players.  On top of which, Hellickson, though he's a fantastic pitcher with upside, this season has really deflated his value to the point where you begin to wonder if you'd rather have him or Phil Hughes.  Hughes would cost more money but Hellickson would cost Trumbo. 

I saw the trade working out for both sides in the past, and it may still work, but it seems unlikely.  As for Moore and Price, untouchable. 

Have you seen Hughes this year? Talk about deflated values...

I doubt Hughes costs much.

Saying Trumbo has zero to minimal trade value is highly inaccurate. They could pull a quality starter for him but not the type that is mentioned in the OP.

Trumbo is not too much different than Mark Reynolds, who played for 3 different teams this year and was released by the Indians.  That is an idea of Trumbo's worth.