• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Trumbo understands concerns over on-base percentage

AngelsWin.com

He is such a likeable guy. Here's to hoping he can find a consistent approach.

Ya, that's the big thing that jumped out to me as well.

He could have taken a really adversarial tone about it on the basis of HRs and RBIs(and it's for whatever reason, it's not uncommon for players to take the "Shove it nerds!" attitude. Like when Eric Wedge blamed sabermetrics for ruining Dustin Ackley), but he came off as pretty self aware about his flaws and limitations as a player.

I don't know that that really helps him as a player, because I think the underlying issues behind his struggles are ones that probably aren't things him(or anyone) are really going to "fix" at this point, and as such he's probably stuck at pretty much what he is: A guy with a ton of power who is capable of getting crazy hot streaks, but whose pitch recognition(and the streakiness that comes with it) likely keeps him more at the good player level more than the great player level.

But it's still kind of neat on the "Mark Trumbo seems like a cool dude" level.

We have a hitting coach, right? Has anyone seen him recently?

Stop blaming coaches...   He's had how many different batting coaches since turning pro and he's been essentially the same player regardless.   Trumbo is another guy that gets excuses made for him be it undisclosed injuries or HR Derby curses...  All I know it's been three years of second half fades.

Bad approaches get exposed, and reading the follow up Neyer piece, it's pretty clear he is going to cost more than he is worth.  Trade him while there is still some value there.

BTW, he genuinely seems like one of the nicest people in MLB, which makes it harder to move him as a fan.

Edited by Inside Pitch