• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vladimir Guerrero announces retirement

Richard

From a voter's standpoint, my concern is that he doesn't have any of the major milestones (3000 hits, 500 hr, etc) that sometimes seem to matter.  That, combined with him playing in "the steroid era" (even if he was never linked to PEDs) could make it tougher than it should be for him.

He has some pretty good credentials, for starters being a .318 career hitter with .971 OPS over a 16-year career. He is well over 400 HR with nearly 1500 RBI.

I think he gets in although not a first ballot guy.......may take a while.

may be first guy to be inducted into the regular HOF (not the veteran's committee stuff) wearing a defunct team's cap..........

I think he goes in as a Montreal Expo -- that's where he made his mark as a superstar.......had good seasons with the Halos and one with Texas -- but was a star by the time he reached Anaheim,

Absolute lock HOF'er... It's a fix if he doesn't get in on the first ballot.  He's got great career numbers, with an MVP.  He played in Montreal, so the lack of a post-season resume will not be held against him.  He still hit over .300 in the playoffs before leaving us, with some clutch hits.

Unfortunately, he probably goes in as an Expo.

Either way; Congrats on a great career Big Datty, and always bringing excitement to Angels baseball!

I think he gets in although not a first ballot guy.......may take a while.

may be first guy to be inducted into the regular HOF (not the veteran's committee stuff) wearing a defunct team's cap..........

I think he goes in as a Montreal Expo -- that's where he made his mark as a superstar.......had good seasons with the Halos and one with Texas -- but was a star by the time he reached Anaheim,

It's up to the player. If they went by whatever team the player was best known for playing with, Nolan Ryan would probably be in as an Angel. But he got his choice, and he's in as a Ranger. The team he played the least with, if I remember right.

It's no longer up to the player. That stopped right after Boggs was paid to go in as a Devil Ray.

well doesn't everyone remember boggs as a ray? Just kidding. Boggs will always be a legendary horse riding yankee.

Vlad is a no doubt hall of famer. He likely will be (or should be) a first ballot.

Imagine if he played with a better offense around him. Vlad as a skank (those years) would have been a tejada 150 rbi guy a few years, I very much believe. Not saying rbi is a great gauge, but with his high hit totals, he would have easily upped his numbers.

It's no longer up to the player. That stopped right after Boggs was paid to go in as a Devil Ray.

I thought it was Winfield going in as a Padre?  Either way, up the the HOF.

Vlad will probably be a year 2-3 HOF.  Don't think he'll go first ballot, just because some voters hold that first ballot as distinguishing HOF'ers amongst themselves.  

Guerrero almost single-handedly beating Boston with 9 RBIs in 2004 was one of the most enjoyable games and one of the best games by a player I have seen. Trout's rookie year for me is the only season by an Angel that I can compare to Vlad's first year as an Angel as far as how I've enjoyed watching a player. 

Watching him mash on the Rangers (at least for the first half) was terribly tough. When he came to Anaheim on the Rangers and destroyed us I found myself cheering for him like a kid in awe. Every at bat he had here the stadium stopped to watch. Greatest FA signing we have ever had. I'm bummed we couldn't get him a ring.