• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vladimir Guerrero announces retirement

Richard

Pretty sure he was with someone, I think the Blue Jays, minor league system last year.

Anyway, article says he's retiring to spend more time with his family, particularly his son Vlad Jr who is 14 and playing baseball himself.  Also says when asked about the HOF, that he said it was too early to talk about that sort of thing.

Vladdy may yet be the first person to go into the HOF wearing a Halos cap.  Yes, he spent more time in Montreal, but his MVP and postseasons came in Anaheim.

Edited by Inside Pitch

He was so fun to watch in his prime. Tons of power, a strike zone the size of a bus, and a canon of an arm.

I'll always remember in 2005 or 2006, the first pitch he saw of the season on opening day, way outside and he crushed it. Quintessential Vlad homer. It just stuck with me.

I love Vladdy, he is an A+ human being in my book and his smile was infectious. When you love to play the game like he did, it makes it, as a fan, something special to watch.

Best of luck in your retirement Big Daddy!

From a voter's standpoint, my concern is that he doesn't have any of the major milestones (3000 hits, 500 hr, etc) that sometimes seem to matter.  That, combined with him playing in "the steroid era" (even if he was never linked to PEDs) could make it tougher than it should be for him.

Edited by jsnpritchett