• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Yeah, temps have been their normal highs but there has been a flirty storm twice the past two and a half weeks and it's been really humid so the heat index is a lot higher than norms. Just not accustomed to sweltering heat opposed to the norm dry heat.

Today seems to be the normal hot heat. My phone says 101, but it's not bad like the past two weeks where humidity levels were high with the same temp.

Out here in Lancaster (specifically, on Edwards Air Force Base right now) we just got driven inside because of sandstorms and possible lightning, and Boron (about 10 miles northeast) has a hailstorm warning.

Good times. 

Oh, but Florida, Chicago, etc. are a lot worse?

Maybe in number of days like this, but not that much worse in intensity

Plus, again, it doesn't cost nearly as much to live in those parts of the country. 

We don't pay top dollar to live in this crap weather for as long as it's been going on (back to going on 2 weeks).

I lived in Florida for a few years in the early 80's and I can definitely say it was worse over there than here.  You not only have to deal with an entire summer with extreme humidity, but you also have to deal with swarms of mosquitos around every corner, roaches the size of silver dollars, horse flies (flies on steroids that actually bite), poisonous water mocasin and copperhead snakes in and around the surrounding woods and lakes, spiders that look like black widows (in shape) but twice the size.  Then there's all the frogs and lizards you have to avoid stepping on when walking outside at night.

I grew up in Philadelphia, and in the summer, just before sunset, you could look up in the sky and see millions of mosquitoes about 30-50 feet up, waiting for the sun to go down and the ground to cool a bit before descending. My mom would spray each one of us with bug repellant before letting us go out to play. 

Summers were cool, though, because it was light out until after 9 PM. 

I grew up in Philadelphia, and in the summer, just before sunset, you could look up in the sky and see millions of mosquitoes about 30-50 feet up, waiting for the sun to go down and the ground to cool a bit before descending. My mom would spray each one of us with bug repellant before letting us go out to play. 

It is light out here until late too.

Mosquitos are an issue here but not like that.  I spray my daughter with the repellent and she doesn't get bit.

You guys are bunch of pussies. 

Uhh, I travel to Redlands almost EVERY weekend to see my girlfriend.   The weather there is even hotter than those other cities during the summer (avg summer high = mid-90s), and for the past two weeks has been almost as humid (50-60%).

The one good benefit is that at least the mosquitos aren't going crazy in Redlands. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

this post would have been so much more interesting if you had started it "in west philadelphia, born and raised . . ."

Edited by Tank

Uhh, I travel to Redlands almost EVERY weekend to see my girlfriend.   The weather there is even hotter than those other cities during the summer (avg summer high = mid-90s), and for the past two weeks has been almost as humid (50-60%).

The one good benefit is that at least the mosquitos aren't going crazy in Redlands. 

THAT'S the one good benefit to driving to your gf's house?

Make that lady come here

Except Chicago is like 95 with 95% humidity.