• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Banned From a Forum

I got banned from the official Metallica message board. Those mods are complete douchebags. If you say anything negative about any member of the band or any of the band's songs, you get a warning immediately. If you do it twice they suspend your IP address for 2 weeks. The third time, you're banned. I got banned for saying I thought the snare drum sound on St. Anger was terrible.

That's not really true. I haven't been there in a long time so maybe it has changed but I think at least half of the people who hung out in the General Discussion forum don't like Metallica and say so quite frequently.

Not saying the mods there AREN'T douchebags, but I really don't think they ban people for saying negative things about the band unless it's something personal.

That's not really true. I haven't been there in a long time so maybe it has changed but I think at least half of the people who hung out in the General Discussion forum don't like Metallica and say so quite frequently.

Not saying the mods there AREN'T douchebags, but I really don't think they ban people for saying negative things about the band unless it's something personal.

Well, it's true for me because I got banned for saying the drum sound sucked on St. Anger. Maybe one of the mods just took a disliking to me and the comments I made or something. Also, I know there are people that frequent that board that are somewhat critical of their music, but on that board (more than any other I've participated on) more people got ridiculously defensive when I criticized the band. My friend and I used to joke around saying that Lars was on there policing the site to make sure anybody that said negative things about him was removed. I made a Napster joke on there once and I had 20 people pissed off at me within a half hour.

I was banned from a forum tonight and I feel like a tool. It was a Clippers forum which makes it even worse haha. From the people that have seen me post on here for a couple years, you guys know I don't say much and I don't usually start crap. Basically I was name calling a guy who continues to troll the forum (mature, I know). He was like Angelduck but maybe worse. Sorry AD. He calls out Vinny in every single thread that exists and many people have asked for him to be banned. Today I questioned the moderators and they banned me without warning. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Anyways, I'm very thankful for this forum

Troll Daddy Jr.  are we? lmao

Brian, inside pitch, and I all were given a one-day ban or at least a warning back on our days on the aol message boards. It was April 1 and we each created fake names involving the name of one of their baseball moderators (some chick named moodier). We then proceeded to go several different teams' boards and bombarded them with our special brand of foolishness.

I think I also got a handful of warnings there over the years.

I was a big fan of Metallica in my youth. Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets were always in my CD player.  But they haven't put out a decent album since GHW Bush was president. That should be enough to get me prebanned.

Same thing for me. Although, I really like And Justice For All. I remember waiting for that album to come out for months. For me, they completely lost it after that. I think everything they've done since then is crap.

I got banned from the official Metallica message board. Those mods are complete douchebags. If you say anything negative about any member of the band or any of the band's songs, you get a warning immediately. If you do it twice they suspend your IP address for 2 weeks. The third time, you're banned. I got banned for saying I thought the snare drum sound on St. Anger was terrible.

I was on an Illinois Fighting Illini board for a short time (before I got punted). There was a moderator who went by the name of Secret Police (you can probably guess what his moderating style was). He constantly threatened users and he banned a bunch of them (me included). No great loss, IMO.