• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WSOP funniest bad beat EVER

Pretty standard play yesterday, although I started watching when it was down to 6. The coolers played out like coolers. The 5-bet with 66 into Tran who was push/fold was dope. I'll probably check out the site tonight.

Speaking of poker, LA Poker Open starts tomorrow. Might go play event #1. 50k

I was hoping for the greatest comeback ever just for the storm it would create. Both guys are unlikeable (Reiss cockiness and pre-celebrating flips. When Farber lost he shook Reiss' hand and said, "I wish I ran like you") so I didn't care who won. Reiss ran better than Usain Bolt and Farber had some bad play......flatting pre with 14bb and oop. Nothing really exciting outisde the 6 high bluff and the weird ass Q high call. Kind of followed along on 2+2 as well.

I'm always interested in who had pieces or swaps. People metioned Bllizerian and Lamb had pieces of Farber and no one really knew about Reiss and think he has a large chunk of himself, at a minimum.

I like Ryan Riess a lot, liked his play all tournament and loved the Lions' jersey. Had to pull for him with the Lions being my second favorite team. I'll be in Michigan next week so I wonder if there will be any buzz.

I wasn't a fan of Farber at all. 

I enjoyed the final table, especially heads up but you could really tell that Farber was an amateur and that Riess was just running so hot. 

Both Riess and Farber are good guys. I did interviews with both of them (as well as speaking to them off-mic) and when they got heads up, was genuinely happy for both of them.

Both will be good ambassadors of the game.

This final table featured some players (and I will not name them) who I thought would not make good Champions for various reasons, however, I never counted either Farber nor Riess among them.

I should be speaking to Riess again tomorrow. I'll post the discussion on my site so you can judge for yourself.

Riess is gonna kick himself for calling with Q high.

I only watched a few hands, but I saw this one.

I'm trying to figure out - there were practically zero hands that could have been worse than queen high... lots of small cards would have paired the board.... That's either a fold or raise (which would have lost anyways)... Call doesn't get you anything.

What am I missing?

Jay seemed likeable, just a sore loser and seemed to forget he was mic'ed. With Reiss I just find it weird when someone thanks God then states they think they are the best....God must have missed the humility lesson with the kid. Riess is full time and reminds me of Cada. If Carver won it would have been Jerry Yang x2.

I think the general consensus with the Q high hand is purely knowing he got bluffed with the 6 high hand earlier, but still a bad read because all of his body language/tells were different. That's not even a bluff catcher, in normal terms, and purely thinking Farber complete air. If I'm in Reiss's shoes the only thing I can think of to justify a call is his chip lead and huge edge he had on Farber to where if he lost the hand he was still in good position to win. But you aren't missing anything YK, still a bad play.

Both guys had leaks, but would have been better to see the Canadian or Tran heads up.