• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

[Fangraphs] So Why Do The Angels Suck?

Disagree.   This team is 2 or 3 quality starting pitchers away from being competitive.   The rotation has huge holes, and I don't think it can be fixed overnight or even in a single offseason.

The SP is weak...  The RP is atrocious.   Look at some advance metrics on the pen..  it's been brutal.   Not saying the SP doesn't need to be improved, I'm saying that simply fixing the pen would make for a massive gain.

Disagree. This team is 2 or 3 quality starting pitchers away from being competitive. The rotation has huge holes, and I don't think it can be fixed overnight or even in a single offseason.

agree somewhat. But weaver/wilson/(new arm)/vargas/richards isn't a bad rotation.

That, plus a real closer to push frieri to the 8th and a healthy burnett could be a huge difference.

How much will it cost to sign Mujica? Plus, I'd prefer to be a bottom 10 team and then sign him. NO MORE LOST FIRST ROUND PICKS!

Also to consider: he's having by far a career season. Classic case of contract season?

Also, he's more of a pitch to contact guy, only 43 Ks in 57 innings (yes, only THREE BBs). Can that play as a closer well in the AL?

How about we instead 86 Scioscia, and give the new manager whatever money needed to entice the Cardinals pitching coach out here?

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 10 months later...

That's just mean, ocho. Did you store this thread in your favorites? ;)

lol, no AJ. Disclaimer, im not trying to call anyone out directly. Ive been wrong on here a million times. But with all the good threads going on I got bored and randomly checked out a few threads from last summer just to see some contrast. What a difference a year makes