• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose on Fernando Rodney

Reagins, Stoneman, and Butchy put together a nice string high priced of clunkers.

Rodney

Kazmir

Speier

How much money burnt, and how many games lost, can be accredited to that trio?

It was a team effort GM, VP-Pitching advisor, Pitching coach.

Butcher is the only one not held accountable, yet.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. 

Maybe and very exceptional pitching coach could have turn one of those guys around.  Maybe. 

Butcher is no Dave Duncan, but who is.  Most pitching coaches don't hurt or help much in either direction and I feel like butcher is in that category.  He's like the Callaspo or Kendrick of the coaching staff.  We have generally come to have high and sometimes unrealistic expectations for anyone associated with this org.  His effect is likely neutral. 

"Butcher is no Dave Duncan, but who is."

Dave Reghetti

Leo Mazzone ( if you want to reach back a year or two)

Mike Maddox is knocking on that door.

Curt Young does a HELL of a job in Oakland, he may be the best in the Bigs today.

That is just off the top of my head.

There ARE good pitching coaches out there other than Duncan.

i would have fired both of them at the same time i was doing the front office cleanup, if i were dipoto. i suspect that they were protected by scioscia at the time.

Dipo had to ease Scioscia into the idea of having a real GM, you know, a boss... who actually calls the personnel shots.

If Kazmir becomes a force, Butch needs to go. He personally brought him over here stating he could fix him. Seeing how Jordan Waldon does will be interesting as well.

Again, not particularly fond of Butcher, but Kazmir was physically broken when he was here. Seems to me that falls on Reagins and the pro scouts more than anyone else if one wants to assign blame.

His fastball velocity was down and his slider command was gone. I don't think there's anything anyone could have done to make him effective at that point.

the performance criteria as established by the folks at AW would result in the firing of every coach and the release of every player. 

Maybe Butcher keeps most of these guys from performing a lot worse than they would with other clubs. 

Point is, a general lack of talent is more to blame for the pitching staff than the performance of the pitching coach. 

That arrow thing is just weird.

I don't care for any of the K-Rod, Valverde, Rodney's stupid arrow thing style closer's celebrations.

Although I did get a kick out of the one time where Aroldis Chapman did a couple somersaults off the mound after a save.

That arrow thing is just weird.

I don't care for any of the K-Rod, Valverde, Rodney's stupid arrow thing style closer's celebration.

Although I did get a kick out of the one time where Aroldis Chapman did a couple somersaults off the mound after a save.

troy_percival_photofile.jpgThe only celebration that matters.