• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dallas Cowboys

Chimi

The only positive way to look at that is they only have 2 games in the next 4 weeks.  They have a bye this week, then the Giants and Redskins (Thanksgiving).  We lost two LBs in one game for a month.  The Cowboys defense is just decimated with injuries.  We've played 17, yes ... 17 different guys just on our defensive line alone this year.  It's been brutal.  We really need guys to get healthy during this stretch.

• 1 month later...

IMO it all leads back to an owner who believes that he is so football savvy that he can be his own GM. Most rich guys have egos, but the guys with the better teams get out of the way and let their football guys run the operation. Probably the biggest laugh I have gotten at JJ's expense was when he fired Chan Gailey after two seasons and said something to the effect that he hires coaches to win Super Bowls. Those teams didn't have the talent, and Gailey still won the NFC East in his first year and made the playoffs the second year.

The Cowboys are a mess. They made Callahan the OC to stop Jason Garrett from calling so many pass plays. Problem is, Callahan is more pass happy than Garrett is. When you look at the amount of pass attempts per game it's absurd. We have the best RB since Emmitt left and they refuse to run him. Murray was tearing up the Packers defense in the first half running the ball. It's amazing he's going to rush for over 1000 yards this year with as few carries as he has.

And the defense is just atrocious. The Bears scored on every possession they had the ball and then the next week, the Packers have the ball 6 times in the second half and score 5 TDs. The only drive they didn't score a TD was the one where they were kneeling the ball at the end.

But good ol Jerry said Kiffin is back next year.

Jerry doesn't like to admit to mistakes and has said multiple times Monte is safe and will be back next year.  Jason Garrett didn't want Monte as a DC this year but Jerry hired him anyway since he pretty much hires whoever he wants.  I think the Cowboys are the only team that doesn't allow their Head Coach to hire who works under them.  The only good thing Monte Kiffin has brought to Dallas is Rod Marinelli.

Edited by Chimi

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently it doesn't matter who the QB is ... Jason Garrett will continue to insist on throwing the ball.  I know I say this every game, but the first half they ran the ball very well and the second half they completely abandoned it.  Even when they had 4th and 1 and didn't convert because they decided to pass.  I hope JG is gone.

I didn't expect much from Orton.  I thought he played pretty well though for most of the game.  But there was no reason for them to stop running the ball in the second half.  It's absurd to ask a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and hasn't had rep's with the first string offense since OTAs to come out and make 46 pass attempts.  Especially when your RB was literally running over Eagles defenders in the first half.  

• 2 years later...