• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dallas Cowboys

Chimi

I thought about it.  I really did.  But I thought the karma of all the pictures and you losing was enough for me.  I don't want to get any bad karma on my side, haha.  I get way too cocky when it comes to the Cowboys only to be disappointed in the end.  I'm taking a new approach this year to see if it changes anything.  I have two coworkers who are huge Giants fans.  I've heard nothing but crap from them for weeks now.  I just turned the other cheek and let them do it.  Guess who was the one smiling in the office today?

It didn't help however that my boss put a bunch of Angels newspaper articles on my desk talking about how much they suck though, haha.

The Chiefs play a lot of man coverage. You can't do that against Dez Bryant or he'll eat you alive. They will be forced to double team him which is going to leave Austin and Witten in man coverage and Romo will eat that apart all day if his o-line holds up. I think Dwayne Harris will have a big day if he's given the 3rd WR duties this weekend.

I don't know what happened in the offseason, but the pass rush of KC was ridiculous last week. Romo won't be given any time and Flowers is still the most underrated player in the league and a lock down CB.

We'll see, I can see this going either way. Probably a for sure Dallas win at home, but not Arrowhead.

I hope Demarco Murray has a decent game but doesn't kill us.....starting him fantasy wise

I hope Demarco Murray has a decent game but doesn't kill us.....starting him fantasy wise

I have teams in two fantasy leagues. In one league I had Peyton Manning as my starting QB, got 60 points out of him - and lost. I got 154 points and played the only team in the league who scored more than 110. My opponent got 167. In the other league I got a tie in my first game. How unlikely is that? Murray is on my team that got the tie.

Romo looked absolutely terrible in the 2nd Half today.  Bad decision after bad decision on where to go with the ball.  Dez Bryant dropping that pass was also really huge.  Our running game was again ... terrible.  Maybe DeMarco Murray isn't the answer or maybe the O-Line isn't getting a good push off the snap, but it's definitely an issue..  I'm worried about our defense.  Teams are exploiting the middle of the field and the zone between our LBs and Secondary.  There is no coverage there and teams are putting WR's there so they're wide open for huge gains.  Giants did it in week 1 and the Chiefs did it to an extent in week 2.

I hope this team doesn't plan on living and dying by how many turnovers they can get.

In water is wet news, Miles Austin has a hamstring injury. It's probably time they cut him loose. He's a good receiver, but how good are you if you miss half the games every year with glass legs?

Luckily the Cowboys have a young, talented receiving core without him.

Edited by Chimi

So uh, I was kind of excited for the Cowboys defense this year.  They've done a fairly good job their first three games of the season.  Then, they go out and give up 500 yards of total offense against the Chargers.  This was atrocious.  I'm not trying to down play the Chargers offense at all, but damn, that's a lot of yards to be giving up.  Rivers pretty much exploited the same thing teams have been exploiting all season.  The Cowboys can't cover 15-20 yards down field and leave it wide up.  Throw it in the zone between the Linebackers and Secondary and you're going to eat them alive.  That's what Philip Rivers did and led to a lot of big plays.

I'm not one to mail it in this early in the season and I fully expect to watch Peyton pick this defense to pieces next week, but if something doesn't change over the next four games, it's going to be another 8-8 season.  And that's if we're lucky.

Edited by Chimi

The Cowboys/Chargers game was comical at the end.  The Cowboys rookie WR trying to stretch for the endzone when he was about 3 yards too far to even attempt that then fumbling sums up the Cowboys of the last so many years.  As far as RG3 and the skins catching up I agree but the skins defense has been pretty atrocious this year and it's not just a matter of RG3 gettin gmore comfortable. 

I guess this has turned into my vent thread.  Games like today's shows exactly what the Cowboys offense is capable of.  It shows what Tony Romo is capable of.  Him throwing that interception is all people will talk about coming out of this game.  But this loss is in no way his fault.  You don't lose games very often when you put 48 on the scoreboard.  He had over 500 yards passing, 5 TDs, and a QB Rating of 140.  Those are absurd stats.  Those are better stats than what Peyton Manning put out tonight.  But this defense laid a huge egg and couldn't get a stop on any drive.

If the Cowboys offense played this way every week, they'd easily be 4-1 right now.  That's what is frustrating about this team.  But I can't really expect much as long as this defense is giving up over 400 yards a game which they have in 3 out of 5 games so far this year.

Yeah, I don't expect them to score 48 points every game, but I would like to see better consistency.  The Chargers defense is awful, yet the Cowboys offense only managed to put up 14 points on them.  A big part of that was the Cowboys receivers had a lot of very big drops that killed drives.  The offense will have games where it won't be firing on all cylinders.  And when that happens, the Defense has to at least play well which they haven't been.