• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun

stormngt

Now that he has come back to earth and hitting in the 260's, can we stop calling him the left handed Trout?

And can we now consider him trade able or do you guys still want him off the market.

And for the people who are really dense; I don't dislike him as a player, I like him  a lot.  I just think we jump on a guys band too soon and we jump off his wagon too soon!

Now that he has come back to earth and hitting in the 260's, can we stop calling him the left handed Trout?

And can we now consider him trade able or do you guys still want him off the market.

And for the people who are really dense; I don't dislike him as a player, I like him  a lot.  I just think we jump on a guys band too soon and we jump off his wagon too soon!

IMO, you don't trade him till you sign Trout long term.  Same with most of the others that are mentioned as trade bait also.  Losing Trout, and trading away other parts can hurt this team for quite a long time.

I agree with stormngt, we tend to over value kids we've only seen for a handful of games.  Dipoto has some hard choices this winter.  With a short list of FA pitchers and a need to completely re-build the bullpen and re-sign Vargas, there has to be trades to be made.

Do the Angels keep Bourjos? Trumbo? Shuck? Calhoun?

Who called him the left-handed Trout? 

Go back two weeks on this board....and no, not the one last week that was a joke!

I had several argue with me on how Calhoun should be untouchable.  And more than one person said, "he reminds me of a left handed Trout".

IMO, you don't trade him till you sign Trout long term.  Same with most of the others that are mentioned as trade bait also.  Losing Trout, and trading away other parts can hurt this team for quite a long time.

I agree with you the first thing we should do in the off season is sign Trout long term.

Exactly...makes sense, right?

The guy has had 58 ABs this season. Maybe he does suck but I want more than a few starts to find out.

Do you guys F'n read?????

I said in my initial thread I like Calhoun.  I was mocking those who were too hype on the guy.

And Everyone outside of Trout should be put on the trade market and see if we can get a starting pitcher.  Several posters said Calhoun should be untouchable and outside of Trout I don't think anybody should be untouchable.  That doesn't mean we trade just for the fun of it!

Seen for a handful of MLB games and their entire minor league career*

This thread is just as reactionary as the one person who dubbed him the left-handed Trout.

SHANE this wasn't a reaction to the person this past week who joked about him being the left handed Trout.  It was too many people over hyping the guy!  We do it all the time.  

According to this Board:

1.  Scioscia was an idiot for playing Aybar over Wood

2.  Bourjos was the best playing on the team in 2011 and can't hit major league pitching in 2012

3.  Scioscia was an idiot for not playing Trumbo every day in 2012, yet in 2013 most want to get rid of him because he is a one dimensional player.

We over -hype too soon, and we are too soon to call them dogs when they go into slumps.

People please read and comprehend before making judgement on what you think the purpose of my thread was!

Do you guys F'n read?????

I said in my initial thread I like Calhoun. I was mocking those who were too hype on the guy.

And Everyone outside of Trout should be put on the trade market and see if we can get a starting pitcher. Several posters said Calhoun should be untouchable and outside of Trout I don't think anybody should be untouchable. That doesn't mean we trade just for the fun of it!

Just feels you've had this thread primed waiting for his first bad stretch. You seem to enjoy the "See! SEE!" moments. Everyone is fair game to be traded on this team, except for Mike. The consensus was he looks like a nice player, so, you posting "Now that he has come back to earth and hitting in the 260's, can we stop calling him the left handed Trout?" is addressing, who, the one or two posters who made that comment? It's looks a little ridiculous...

SHANE this wasn't a reaction to the person this past week who joked about him being the left handed Trout.  It was too many people over hyping the guy!  We do it all the time.  

According to this Board:

2.  Bourjos was the best playing on the team in 2011 and can't hit major league pitching in 2012

3.  Scioscia was an idiot for not playing Trumbo every day in 2012, yet in 2013 most want to get rid of him because he is a one dimensional player.

We over -hype too soon, and we are too soon to call them dogs when they go into slumps.

People please read and comprehend before making judgement on what you think the purpose of my thread was!

It's an internet message board. You've been here long enough to know which posters have a clue and which ones don't.

All Storm is saying is that he should be a trade candidate to fill other needs of this team. He just used an extra sentence or two to say it. What if the Halos can get a good haul for him? Trading mediocre players won't get this team the pieces it needs.

I don't ever recall saying he is the left handed Trout. To me he is the left handed Calhoun. The pitching has adjusted, but I think this kid will adjust as well. 58 major league at bats is too early to come to a judgement. He has raked at every level so far, it is my opinion that he has what it takes to succeed at this level and be a good player.

According to this Board:

Did you really try to convert this into your love obsession with scioscia.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Storm would rather Calhoun fail and feed his own ego rather than see Calhoun exceed? You sound like a 16 year old girl who wants to be validated every hour of every day. Calhoun dropping to .260 isn't him being ''back to earth'', his at bats are a super small sample size and if he goes 2-4 tomorrow he'll be back up to .290.