• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

8x10 photos for fanfest

If anyone is interested I will be selling 8x10 photos of the players for $5 each. You can either have them sign it or just hang it on the wall. I will be attending the fanfest and can deliver the photos to you there. If interested please go to my website and let me know which photo you would like. http://www.jlongphoto.com/baseball I have 3 different folders to look through so be sure to let me know what folder and the photo number you are choosing. Thank you all very much and I look forward to seeing you in Arizona!!

When I was in the Angels Booster Club and we did our player's luncheon, we actually were told that if we wanted to sell pictures of the players, we had to purchase them from PhotoFile UNLESS the member took their own picture.  Anything other than that is a copyright violation.  You can even see that the players that have endorsement contracts-- they can't use the ANGELS logo if they are pictured in their uniform--it has to be photoshopped out!  We got pictures of David Eckstein way back when in 03, and the ANGELS was whited out.  The stand up of Mike Trout for that energy drink-- he's pictured in an Angels uniform, but the ANGELS is photoshopped out..  Especially with Tim Mead and Arte Moreno there, I wouldn't want to cause waves for Angels Win.. 

Logos are trademarked, not copyrighted.

Unless the ticket you buy explicitly state you can't sell photographs (maybe it does), then you're likely fine selling your own photos. There is no expectation of privacy at a public baseball game.

At a private luncheon, maybe different agreement.

Note I'm not a lawyer myself but you can contact mine for info.

need-a-good-lawyer.jpg

that's not accurate wicked. Images of people require a release or agreememt to be sold commercially. Commercial use is basically prints or photo products sold for use other than editorial use, which would include prints to be hung on your wall and/or used for autographs by someone other than the photographer. The trademark issue comes into play with the uniforms' and hats' logos. Again, editorial use is fine, commercial use without a release or agreememt is not.

that's not accurate wicked. Images of people require a release or agreememt to be sold commercially. Commercial use is basically prints or photo products sold for use other than editorial use, which would include prints to be hung on your wall and/or used for autographs by someone other than the photographer. The trademark issue comes into play with the uniforms' and hats' logos. Again, editorial use is fine, commercial use without a release or agreememt is not.

How did FutureAngels dude sell pictures of the prospects for years without any ramifications? Maybe just a MLB thing?

no one pressed the issue with him perhaps. it's not unique to MLB though it applies to any person's likeness being sold for commercial use. Simply put, other than editorial use, using someone's image for profit of any kind requires a release or agreement. It's possible FA obtained the necessary releases to use the images for those specific uses.