• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson appreciation thread

NJHalo

I would really love for the Angels to get a legit number 2 and push Wilson to the 3 spot in the rotation (of course it doesn't really matter who pitches where). Re-sign Vargas and then have Richards as the 5th starter.

I'm not sure who would be willing to give up a pitcher like that though for something like Kendrick + Frieri. Wei-Yin Chen would be great if the O's are desperate enough. Probably not though.

I've loved the Wilson signing altogether. He makes a lot but is a bargain compared to other SP of his caliber on the market today. I think if we can sign someone decent in the offseason (Halladay, Hughes) and retain Vargas we got a good rotation going into next year.

He took the hometown discount. I believe Miami offered him over 100mil

I would really love for the Angels to get a legit number 2 and push Wilson to the 3 spot in the rotation (of course it doesn't really matter who pitches where). Re-sign Vargas and then have Richards as the 5th starter.

I'm not sure who would be willing to give up a pitcher like that though for something like Kendrick + Frieri. Wei-Yin Chen would be great if the O's are desperate enough. Probably not though.

I would like for the Angels to have a legit ace, as I don't think Weaver really fits that bill any more. I prefer to have Weaver as #2.

I want Jeff Locke from the pirates. No idea if they would trade him, but they need offense.

That would be funny and kinda weird since I was friends with him in High School and played baseball against him in little league. He's definitely a solid pitcher but I see him as being more of a solid number 5 in the long term. He doesn't miss a whole lot of bats and his walk rate is pretty alarming.

We need a 2 starter in the worst way for next year. Ideally, our rotation will look like this:

Weaver

2 starter (trade/FA)

Wilson

Vargas

Richards

Not sure you can be a WS contender with Wilson as your 2 and Vargas as your 3. If they're your 3 and 4 though, we can absolutely compete for a title.

We need a 2 starter in the worst way for next year. Ideally, our rotation will look like this:

Weaver

2 starter (trade/FA)

Wilson

Vargas

Richards

Not sure you can be a WS contender with Wilson as your 2 and Vargas as your 3. If they're your 3 and 4 though, we can absolutely compete for a title.

if the pen is nails.  lots of work to do there. 

Weaver

2 starter (trade/FA)

Wilson

Vargas

Richards

I see it more as 

1 starter

Weaver

Wilson

Vargas

Richards

• 1 year later...