• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wally Pipp time...

Depending on the severity of Howie's injury -- if this team really thinks Lindsey is close to ready -- this would be an ideal time to bring up Lindsey...  Bring up Green to play 3B too..  Unless of course this team believes Chris Nelson is going to carry on as it's 3B.

These are the times where we can see if this team truly has a plan.

There is an obvious opening at 3b...if they view Nelson as a viable long term guy there, then you probably keep Green at 2b, maybe explore trading Howie in the off season, let Green and Lindsey fight it out in the spring....if Nelson is just an immediate caretaker after the Callaspo trade and Green is viewed as more of a long term guy at 3b, I'd call up Green and put him at 3b for the rest of the season....maybe call up Lindsey while Howie is hurt or, if they don't think Lindsey is ready, let Nelson play 2b while Howie is hurt....

All that said, I think Green plays 2b while Howie is hurt and Nelson stays at 3b....at least that's my guess...

You know the Pipp story is myth right?

Pipp sucked and the injury story was made up to protect his ego. Huggins had a Vernon Wells, Mike Trout situation on his hands.

Gehrig played because Pipp was crap. Gehrig played along with the Pipp injury story but over the years nobody could keep the story street.

So this is hardly a Pipp situation.