• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking Bad ***SPOILERS INSIDE***

Good point and thought process. I'm still catching up on various recaps and ideas, but no one really touches "where you really live" which I thought was a great cliffhanger and conversation point.

This episode was a huge catalyst for events next week.

I love the writing and although I rag on the peculiarities and timing, liked how they showed Hank drive off with Jesse only to have Walt turn the corner and pull up.

Although, didn't Walt sneak in through the back before? I thought in one of the earlier seasons he snuck in and out of the back and also hid something in the back. I might be thinking of the dude that tried to bug the place.

Good catch though.

I just assumed she looked out the hotel window. She already knew he wad lying about the gasoline.

Good point and thought process. I'm still catching up on various recaps and ideas, but no one really touches "where you really live" which I thought was a great cliffhanger and conversation point.

This episode was a huge catalyst for events next week.

I love the writing and although I rag on the peculiarities and timing, liked how they showed Hank drive off with Jesse only to have Walt turn the corner and pull up.

That was an excellent touch and one of the reasons this show is so damn good.  It takes a moment from the last episode you didn't think of and shows how critical it was.  Imagine Walt getting there one minute earlier and how different things would have been.

This was one of those "ratchet up the tension" episodes where there wasn't a lot of action but the suspense was just incredible.  I liked how it twisted everything from the end of the last episode.  Back then Walt wanted to keep Jesse alive Jesse wanted Walt dead.  Now Walt has been convinced he needs to kill Jesse (wrongly, which makes it even better) and Jesse has moved on from killing Walt to making him suffer.  

Four more episodes.  Shit has to start happening really fast now, because we have to not only get to what we've already seen in the flash-forwards, but to what happens beyond them.  I wonder if the last episode will be longer.

Also, since there is nothing unintentional on this show, I wonder of the end of the episode was a bit of a callback.  Remember Mike playing with his granddaughter and he had to leave her alone because of the tip from Walt that the DEA was coming?  Now at the end of this episode, Walt misses his meeting with Jesse because of a man waiting for his daughter, who was playing.  

Possible with a longer finale. To my knowledge, the writers wanted more episodes which is why we have a split season as a compromise because for whatever reason, the max this show has pulled is somewhere around 5m viewers while shows like Walking Dead bring in 10m on average, so the network didn't want to pay more. Kind of a bind on the writers, but should work. With Mad Men the past season had two two hour episodes.

The only blemish on this season so far is the fact that they didn't show Hank telling Gomez about Walt. That was a decision he struggled with and all of a sudden Gomez is sitting in his house unfazed. You can tell they're rushing to wrap things up.

But one of the slick aspects of this show is that not everything has to be stated or shown. On network TV, the writers assume most of the audience is casual and doesn't watch between the lines. So everything has to be blatantly said so that the most casual of viewers will get it. Breaking Bad doesn't always do that. By Gomez being in Hank's house, the show's audience will understand that Hank finally brought his partner up to speed, and that his partner agreed to help his boss "off the record."

Plus, that scene with Jesse waking up in a surreal new environment, was from Jesse's perspective. It's like, wow, Hank brought me here when I was in a drugged-up stupor, and now there's this woman and this other dude who know about the situation, too.

I'm not sure if Hank will allow Jesse to go back to cooking under his watch. Maybe Jesse has a way of attacking Walt's pride other than cooking. But the last few episodes have really stacked the cards against Jesse.

Saul: Has been OK with Jesse being dead for a while.

Walt: Calling Todd's men to take Jesse out.

Skyler: Wants Walt to kill Jesse.

Hank: Knew that Walt could kill Jesse in the park, but didn't care as long as he got Walt's confession on tape.

Looks like Jesse is going to have to do this himself somehow. He could run from Hank and help Lydia. She would protect him as long as he's her cook. That would also complicate Todd's stance.

Yeah, it's interesting but I don't think happens under Hanks watch.

The interesting things from last night were Jesse saying he'd get Walt where he really lives and the last scene where Hank picks him up and Jesse says he has a better idea and plan to get Walt. Which is really interesting because Jesse has always had great ideas throughout the show.