• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

lol Jason Brennan STILL defending Scioscia on Angel Talk

What, exactly, is the correct number of bunts a team should attempt over a season?

You should never bunt to allow them to intentionally walk the best player on the team. Bunting with iannetta to give aybar a shot is one thing. But to bunt to give Calhoun a shot knowing if he does not come through that Trout will get an IBB is not too smart.

you can make a case that he over managed the 7th inning.  By bunting Aybar you basically take the bat of Trout's hand because there was going to be an open base.

Nothing to throw your arms up in the air but bunting is getting tiresome especially when you know that Trout will just get an IBB when he steps in the box.  You do not have to be a genius to see that coming.  And yes I like my chances with Trout batting with or without runners on vs. Calhoun and a guy on second. 

Scioscia's in love with the bunt, the contact play, and the 100-pitch count. Oh, and having a designated "closer" and using him each and every time in a save situation, regardless of how awful he is.

All Brennan said is that he doesn't think Scioscia is the reason the team isn't winning. I agree with him on that. Jesus could be managing the team and they would still stink. Had the FO made better personnel moves in the recent past, I think this team may have conteded more often. Arte is aware of this and that is why you saw Bane, Hatcher and Reagins fired.

All Brennan said is that he doesn't think Scioscia is the reason the team isn't winning. I agree with him on that. Jesus could be managing the team and they would still stink. Had the FO made better personnel moves in the recent past, I think this team may have conteded more often. Arte is aware of this and that is why you saw Bane, Hatcher and Reagins fired.

Bad moves notwithstanding, there's still no reason for the awful team performance.  Even with a terrible manager they should still be playing better. 

Help us understand what Scioscia did wrong tonight, FF.

Jason is playing golf in our Golf Outing and I'll ask him if he is required to pimp the current FO.

yeah I agree. Scioscia has done what he can do with how many injuries there has been. I'm surprised Scios hasn't gone on the DL with a pulled hammy running for the buffet after the game lol. All kidding aside Scios isn't going anywhere he's gonna retire as an angel because we all know who's gonna sign him if we don't keep him. And he's a good manager

yeah I agree. Scioscia has done what he can do with how many injuries there has been. I'm surprised Scios hasn't gone on the DL with a pulled hammy running for the buffet after the game lol. All kidding aside Scios isn't going anywhere he's gonna retire as an angel because we all know who's gonna sign him if we don't keep him. And he's a good manager

LOL

good manager?

Are you ever going to shut the F up

These kind of posts are bullsh*t and should not be tolerated. Not to mention, Troll dadddy, 99% of your posts are a waste of bandwidth and provide no usefull content. 

In the AL I don't think bunting is smart in any situation really.

What? Actually, I see great bunting situations a lot and the team doesn't utilize them well at all. 

Especially Aybar. Holy effing hell. If you're going to bunt in that situation, angle the freakin bat to bring it down the 3rd base line. Not hard at all. Every time the guy bunts it's like he's never done it before. This has been going on for years now.

So sick of Aybar and his constant poor performances when we really need it.

Hate to say it but Texas has balls and heart and you see it when they play. This team is a freaking joke and it's obvious day in and day out.

Need somebody to light a fire under this teams ass, that's for sure.

When does Butcher get let go?

Heart has nothing to do with it.  It's pretty simple to see....the starting pitching and relief pitching take turns on tanking.  The Angels could have won all 3 of the games against Texas if they could have held the Rangers in the late innings (who were not even hititng before the Angels came to town).  Scioscia does manage the appearances of the bullpen but the pitching roster is out of his control. 

What magical manager that is available would take Scioscia's place?

The underperforming players are not Scioscia's fault.  At some point, you would think that their pride would kick in and they would work to make changes...

However, continuing to parade underperforming players out every night is Mike's fault.  He has enough credibility to sit an underperforming superstar and not worry about the aftermath.....but he continues to mindlessley write the same lineup card, much like Hamilton mindlessly swinging at offspeed breaking balls outside of the strike zone.