• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

non waiver trade deadline and the Halos

Except for Pujols, Hamilton, and Blanton (nobody would claim them) is there any angel that if a team claimed you would want to just hand over? I suspect our whole team might be put on waivers (most teams do as a strategy to sneak players through). 

Any player you would be happy with giving the Alex Rios treatment to? 

I think Aybar is a possibility. If we are rebuilding while being stuck with Pujols/Hamilton/Blanton/ and 20 mil for VWells lets just get rid of that contact and move on.

What do we do for a SS if Aybar is dealt?    Sure Rondon is the future, that future is 3 years off though.  Stamets does sound like at best an upgrade from Romine, and that's it.

We have someone (Lindsey) to replace Kendrick within the next year (not Green, 3B better position).

What do we do for a SS if Aybar is dealt?    Sure Rondon is the future, that future is 3 years off though.  Stamets does sound like at best an upgrade from Romine, and that's it.

We have someone (Lindsey) to replace Kendrick within the next year (not Green, 3B better position).

B Woods was the future ... can't really rely on future prospects. Aybar isn't going anywhere is my prediction.

Aybar has value so it would be foolish for the Angels to just let a team claim him and take him for nothing on revocable waivers.

If you were to let anyone go it should be a big contract like Pujols. Everyone else on the team has value relative to how much they are making. I don't think you should consider moving Hamilton even as this was only his first season in an Angels uniform.

Aybar will not be allowed to just be claimed. He would/could be then traded to the claiming team with any PTBNL.

I have come to the conclusion that you either misread my post and/or I didn't write it in a crystal clear fashion. I was stating that from the Angels point of view it would be stupid to do the third option in the revocable waivers rules (i.e. "doing nothing") and allow him to be claimed off of said waiver.

We are on the same page Slappy.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/explaining-august-trades.html

Explaining August Trades
By Steve Adams [August 1 at 2:00pm CST]

After one of the slower non-waiver trade deadlines in recent history, we're into August, which doesnt' mean that trades are off the table. Teams can still conduct trades in August, but they're more complicated. Here's a rundown of how August trades work...

• Teams have to pass players through revocable waivers to trade them after the July 31st deadline.
  • Players acquired after August 31st can't play in the postseason.
  • Teams will often put most of their players on waivers to determine interest, since they don't have to give up every player who's claimed.
  • Unclaimed players can be traded to any club in August (or even September).
  • Teams don't have to trade players who are claimed. They can hand the player and his salary over for nothing.
  • If a team places a player on waivers after he is claimed, but not traded, the team loses the right to pull its player back. In other words, the waivers are revocable at first, but not revocable afterwards.
  • Clubs have two days (48.5 hours) to deal claimed players, but they can only negotiate a trade with one team. Teams have two days to complete a deal regardless of which day of the week the claim takes place on.
  • If only one team claims a player, he can only be dealt to that team.
  • If more than one team claims a player, he can only be traded to the claiming team in his league with the worst record.
  • If a player is only claimed by teams in the other league, he can only be dealt to the claiming team with the worst record.
  • Teams cannot pass players on the disabled list through waivers.

There are a few factors that could make this August (and future Augusts) more active on the trade front. The addition of a second Wild Card seems to have made teams less inclined to sell in July. Teams that may have sold in recent years have instead stayed the course and chosen to stand pat, likely with a hope of an August winning streak to push them into contention for one of the newly created playoff spots.

I'd put Wilson, Blanton, Pujols, and Hamilton on waivers.  Obviously nobody would claim the later three, but I don't think it is totally inconceivable that someone could claim Wilson.

How would that really help the team?   Unless you're willing to look three years out, trading one of the two SPs that can carry his weight serves no real purpose.  There are precious few young SPs that will hit the ground running with the potential to anchor a staff, and the ones that profile as being able to do that aren't going to be moved, 

They traded what they could...  now they need to wait crap out, see who becomes available via FA, non tenders, trade etc etc... and actually try to fix what's wrong.  

Moves for the sake of making moves won't fix diddly.