• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/31/13 Angels vs. Rangers

@Alden_Gonzalez: Dipoto said it "wasn't a buyers' market at all." Called today rather inactive for #Angels. Hunt for cost-controlled SP continues.

@Alden_Gonzalez: And in case you were wondering, no, Trumbo is not an option at 3B this year or next. Will continue to play 1B, corner OF, DH. #Angels

@MikeDiGiovanna: GM Jerry Dipoto said Trumbo not in mix for 3B next year. Chris Nelson gets shot this season, Luis Jimenez, Kaleb Cowart in mix for 2014.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Dipoto said it "wasn't a buyers' market at all." Called today rather inactive for #Angels. Hunt for cost-controlled SP continues.

@Alden_Gonzalez: And in case you were wondering, no, Trumbo is not an option at 3B this year or next. Will continue to play 1B, corner OF, DH. #Angels

@MikeDiGiovanna: GM Jerry Dipoto said Trumbo not in mix for 3B next year. Chris Nelson gets shot this season, Luis Jimenez, Kaleb Cowart in mix for 2014.

So just have to ask.  Where does Green project then?

Unless Dipoto is out of his mind, Nelson has to just be a stop-gap at 3B for the rest of the season.  I have to think they either want Lucho there in 2014 or they have their eye on a potential FA.  If they thought Green was truly in the mix then it would make no sense for him to be in AAA right now.  That tells me they want him at 2B, and that Howie will be traded in the offseason for SP.

Unless Dipoto is out of his mind, Nelson has to just be a stop-gap at 3B for the rest of the season.  I have to think they either want Lucho there in 2014 or they have their eye on a potential FA.  If they thought Green was truly in the mix then it would make no sense for him to be in AAA right now.  That tells me they want him at 2B, and that Howie will be traded in the offseason for SP.

FA market for 3B is pretty bad...again.