• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels General Manager

If Calhoun is the future and Cowgill is the filler, then why didn't Dipoto just not sign Cowgill and instead bring up Calhoun?

Again, Teflon Jerry gets a pass.

Cowgill was brought in to be a depth player. The bottom line is Scisocia has his choice to either play Calhoun or Cowgill, and he's chosen the wrong guy the last 2 nights. 

Calhoun was injured when Cowgill was signed.

Also that was over a month ago when the Angels still had a 1/million shot at making the playoffs. This season is toast. Who gives a shit if Cowgill hit a HR yesterday? He's gone at the end of the year.

Calhoun needs to be played and not sat on the bench.

That's what is happening now, what is the difference?

The difference is that he should be starting.  He was brought up when Pujols was DL'd so Hamilton could DH.  Also because Calhoun can play OF and 1B.  The season is over, play the player with a future.

They didn't bring him up until there was a starting role for him.

The point is there is no reason for him to be on the bench in the first place.

Also, Scioscia already back to his bad ways platooning Calhoun because he is a lefty even though his splits show he has hit lefties well.

Kind of like this:

2013 Kendrys Morales

As LHB .276/.319/.476/.786

As RHB .295/.376/.462/.838

maybe they intend on keeping cowgill around for more than just this year.  Maybe they are hoping he can increase his value to be tradeable in the offseason

also, there have been several indications that someone whether it be the GM or manager get a pass relative to the moves acceptance by the fans and in particular on this board. 

I liked the hamilton signing.  The Madson signing.  The pujols signing.  I was fine with letting Torii go and bringing in Hanson for Walden

Yet, I nor the rest of the fans are the GM or manager.  Those people are in a position to know things we don't.  There is information we are not privy to.  They have more to go on.  I am not saying they should be able to predict the future, but they should be better at it than people outside of baseball. 

There were opportunities to make the team better than it was last year.  If that were the case and we didn't make the playoffs, I can live with that. 

Going forward, they are at least as bad as they were last year and arguably worse.  I can live with incremental improvement.  The leash get a lot shorter when the dog starts to fall back. 

So some of you actually believe that Dipoto brought up Calhoun so he could start and that Sosh is giving him the finger and doing the opposite?

That is extremely unlikely.  What is more likely is that Calhoun isn't thought of as highly in the Angels front office (right or wrong) and that is how he is being handled.

Of course not. Since you can't reason it in your head, there is no good reason. 

LOL that Cowgill would be favored because he's a veteran despite him only being in the league 3 years and only recently acquired by the Angels.

Oh, and let's not forget that in the brief time Cowgill has been here he's put up very good numbers. I know, I know, it doesn't matter, season over blah blah blah

There is no good reason for Cowgill playing over Calhoun. None. It's just Scioscia being stubborn and going with the useless veteran.

So, in your world, Dipoto called up Calhoun, told MS to play him and then MS said "FU, I'm going to play the guy you traded for instead" ..  is that what's happening?....

Funny how its Dipoto who has a loyalty to Cowgill, and not MS, but suddenly MS is just being stubborn.

So some of you actually believe that Dipoto brought up Calhoun so he could start and that Sosh is giving him the finger and doing the opposite?

That is extremely unlikely.  What is more likely is that Calhoun isn't thought of as highly in the Angels front office (right or wrong) and that is how he is being handled.

I doubt the FO thinks that about Calhoun. As doc eluded to, there's a bigger picture in all of this that we don't know about that may influence who is playing and when. That doesn't mean they are down on Calhoun or that they don't think he has a future with the organization.