• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels General Manager

I really liked the Dipoto concept when he signed with us.

The reality has been pretty crappy.

+1....Hate to admit it but that's where I'm at too....I liked the hire, a lot, but the results have been pretty awful....

To play devil's (MT's) advocate: we gave Reagins a lot of shit pretty much right after his first year and wanted him gone by the end of his second year (or even halfway through it).  Why are we giving more slack to Dipoto?

Hint: I think it's because he's white.

Never said DiPoto hasn't been at fault with anything. But chastising him for not predicting the future is ludicrous

It's a GM's job to predict the future and who is going to be a bust and who is not.  That's what makes a good GM, and Dipoto is a huge failure.

The world series was 11 years ago.  I'll always be appreciative of what Scioscia has done for the team but man, that was a while ago.  I just think it's time to move on and stop dancing with a memory.

He also made some questionable moves in that postseason. Asking Kennedy to bunt after he had already hit two home runs in Game 5 in the ALCS. Thank goodness AK fouled off the bunt attempt then hit the home run that put us ahead. 

Another move which I couldn't believe was having Jose Molina bunt with one out already in the 8th inning of Game 6 of the WS, with the team clinging to a one-run lead. Yes, he moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd, but Kennedy then struck out. Giving up outs with a 1-run lead in the late innings of the most critical game in Angels history. Thank goodness Percival held on to that 1-run cushion.

People also never mention the fact that Scioscia had Maddon, Black and Roenicke with him during those winning years so maybe he wasn't the brains of it after all?

Yep, you can tell that by all of their World series wins since they left the Angels.

Yep, you can tell that by all of their World series wins since they left the Angels.

And all of the Angels wins since they have left too.

The Angels have had a far superior roster to the Rays yet the Rays have been more successful.  Also, maybe they worked better together as a whole?

Was John Lennon better when he went solo?  Was Paul McCartney?  Was George Harrison?  Nope, Beatles were better.

Every GM if they had the money and the need would have signed Hamilton last offseason.

Redsox, Yankees, Dodgers had the money and need and avoided him like the plague.  Rangers made him an offer but clearly they didnt want him back since he didnt even consider it.  

And ours. 

COme on, be fair - Maddon manages one the teams that always performs the best for their payroll, and Black is stuck with the spendthrift Padres.  Only Roenicke has had any sort of decent payroll to work with and even his is pretty limited.

And all of the Angels wins since they have left too.

The Angels have had a far superior roster to the Rays yet the Rays have been more successful.  Also, maybe they worked better together as a whole?

Was John Lennon better when he went solo?  Was Paul McCartney?  Was George Harrison?  Nope, Beatles were better.

Not since Dipoto has been GM