• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels General Manager

As far as I can tell Dipoto has not made one good move for the long term benefit of this organization.

He has made several poor moves, but not one good one.  The draft may have been good, so that is a plus.  Green may pan out, but that move was just made.

I think 2014 should be his very last chance to improve the long term prospects of this team.  Personally, I would have already fired him.

Non-tendering Haren was a good move....locking up Aybar and Kendrick was probably pretty wise (even if both get moved eventually)...signing CJ at least hasn't been a disaster, like Hamilton....beyond that, can't argue with you....

As far as I can tell Dipoto has not made one good move for the long term benefit of this organization.

He has made several poor moves, but not one good one.  The draft may have been good, so that is a plus.  Green may pan out, but that move was just made.

I think 2014 should be his very last chance to improve the long term prospects of this team.  Personally, I would have already fired him.

I agree. Not trading Howie, Aybar and Trumbo when you could have stock piled some prospects and major league talent was a waste. This organization needs a sense of direction so we don't continue to finish 3rd or 4th in our division. Finish last and stock pile stuff so we can be back on top where we belong.

His job isn't to not make mistakes, it's to make the team better.  Look at that pitching staff and the team on the field and tell me what he's done that is good.

Tell me what he could have done better?  Spend 90 million on Scherzer?  Pitching wasn't out there.  Injuries have been brutal this season.

He is also saddled with a manager that has a totally different and prehistoric philosophy than him.

Tell me what he could have done better?  Spend 90 million on Scherzer?  Pitching wasn't out there.  Injuries have been brutal this season.

He is also saddled with a manager that has a totally different and prehistoric philosophy than him.

He took the job with Sosh as manager, didn't he?  It's not like Sosh hadn't been around long enough to know what he was about.  Plus, I find it illogical to believe that a different manager could have made this team competitive.  The roster and farm system is a mess.

He inherited a mess.  Hard to imagine he could turn it around that quickly.

Scioscia has made quite a few stupid moves this season and again, this team has been completely unprepared and flat.  You blame that on the GM?

I blame the pitching staff on the gm. they are almost all his guys.

I blame Ianetta on the gm. Skaggs is having a nice year.

I blame giving Pujols and Hamilton huge milstone contracts on the gm, regardless if they turn it around for a couple of seasons.

What is good about this team right now? Weaver......not Dipoto. Trout.........not Dipoto.

His job isn't to not make mistakes, it's to make the team better.  Look at that pitching staff and the team on the field and tell me what he's done that is good.

He made the team better the day he signed Hamilton and all the way through April.  The fact that Hamilton hasn't produced was to no fault of DiPoto's.

It has been widely reported that Hamilton and Pujols were Arte's decisions.

Dipoto traded for Skaggs, he didn't trade him.  I think you mean Chatwood?  Chatwood was beyond horrible with the Angels.  Maybe you should blame the pitching coach.

Dipoto was expected to know that Vargas would get a freak blood clot and that Hanson's brother would die?

Again, who would you propose they could have made the team better with?  Relievers weren't out there.

The move for Frieri was great. He wasn't supposed to be the closer. It's not DiPoto's fault that the rest of the pen sucked so bad that Frieri pitched himself into that position. I still think he's a better set up guy than closer. But to say that wasn't a good move is just hating on his recent outings.

It has been widely reported that Hamilton and Pujols were Arte's decisions.

Dipoto traded for Skaggs, he didn't trade him.  I think you mean Chatwood?  Chatwood was beyond horrible with the Angels.  Maybe you should blame the pitching coach.

Dipoto was expected to know that Vargas would get a freak blood clot and that Hanson's brother would die?

Again, who would you propose they could have made the team better with?  Relievers weren't out there.

Why don't you give Sosh the same slack you give Dipoto.  When it's Dipoto, performance is on the player, when it's Sosh, it's his fault.

At least Sosh has a resume of a winner.  What resume does Dipoto have.  I think you are cutting the wrong guy slack.