• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your thoughts on the new AngelsWin.com Forum on the new Linux Server?

Chuck

AngelsWin.com Experience  

19 members have voted

1. 1. So after the AngelsWin.com move to a dedicated Linux Server...

• LOVE IT!! SUPER FAST
    • It's marginally better
    • I see no change
    • I'm an idiot
    • Actually, it was always great for me!

Question

Please share your experience here and vote. 

I hope it's a lot better for you all because we're no longer on a shared server environment,  we're on our own beefed up dedicated server on Linux' latest OS and it cost me a fortune  :)

Appreciate your feedback!

16 answers to this question

On the mobile, I am still frequently getting looooong delays when trying to move from page to page.  My progress bar stops way on the left end of itself (meaning no progress at all) and many times I have to refresh two, three times or more to get it to load.  When it does, it goes really fast so it does not seem like a speed issue, per se, but more like a glitch that once it gets past it, it smokes.

Devices:

Motorola Droid Bionic  Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4  Stock Browser

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1  Jelly Bean 4.1.1  Dolphin Browser

Edit:  Just got a similar thing posting this post from a computer, PC WinXP IE8

The DNS has not updated on everyone's machine due to caching. It may take up to 24 hours. 

I included ads at the top of our mobile site so that may slow things down a little on mobile until your device catches up with the DNS change. 

Smoking on my S3, Tablet and Laptop. 

On the mobile, I am still frequently getting looooong delays when trying to move from page to page.  My progress bar stops way on the left end of itself (meaning no progress at all) and many times I have to refresh two, three times or more to get it to load.  When it does, it goes really fast so it does not seem like a speed issue, per se, but more like a glitch that once it gets past it, it smokes.

Devices:

Motorola Droid Bionic  Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4  Stock Browser

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1  Jelly Bean 4.1.1  Dolphin Browser

Edit:  Just got a similar thing posting this post from a computer, PC WinXP IE8

DNS probably hasn't updated on your device. I'd clear all the cache on your browsers. 

On the mobile side, in general it works great but really there are too many "pinned" topics at the top, you need to scroll awhile to get down to the recent topics.  I would like to see a reduction in the number of pinned topics, especially if you are also going to include ads at the top of the page.

NOTE: If any of you haven't noticed a CONSIDERABLE change in performance on this forum it's because of one of the two things.

1. You're device or PC is cached on the old system and hasn't updated yet. I recommend clearing your cache and cookies.

2. DNS can take up to 24 hours to show a change on users devices. 

On the mobile side, in general it works great but really there are too many "pinned" topics at the top, you need to scroll awhile to get down to the recent topics.  I would like to see a reduction in the number of pinned topics, especially if you are also going to include ads at the top of the page.

Jay, duly noted. I have moved three pinned topics to the Hangout forum, so there's just three now in the LA Angels Daily Forum and three in the Hangout. Also, we'll be losing the fanfest thread sometime next week.