• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How confident are we that Scisocia will play the youngsters?

Isn't he already forced to play youngsters with Pujols out, Callaspo gone, Bourjos hurt, etc? Are you wanting to see the Bees come up and start all 9 positions? :D

calhoun

field

schuck

whoever the other young ginger is who homered last night.

kids are getting a chance.

Remember when Trout first came up and didn't get regular playing time? That should tell you all you need to know about Scioscia.

Hank Conger should have been getting the majority of starts last year. Scioscia is horrible at developing young talent. I'd wager that Calhoun won't get regular playing time unless he forces Scioscia's hand by playing out of his mind.

What I expect:

1. Aybar SS

2. Calhoun RF

3. Trout CF

4. Hamilton LF

5. Trumbo 1b

6. Kendrick 2b

7. Conger/ Iannetta C

8. Green 3b

9. Shuck DH

I would only add Bourjos in CF of course (due back soon), with Trout moving back to LF.

Then I'd platoon Hamilton (1/3 of the starts) and Calhoun (2/3 of the starts) in RF and also have Hamilton get 1/3 of the remaining DH starts in 2013 to see how he adjusts, which allows both to start 2/3 of the remaining games in 2013.    If we can get pitching help for Trumbo, Hamilton's the most likely guy to DH on this team in 2014, in being 33 sometime next season and declining defensively. 

Remember when Trout first came up and didn't get regular playing time? That should tell you all you need to know about Scioscia.

Hank Conger should have been getting the majority of starts last year. Scioscia is horrible at developing young talent. I'd wager that Calhoun won't get regular playing time unless he forces Scioscia's hand by playing out of his mind.

You mad bro. 

I would only add Bourjos in CF of course (due back soon), with Trout moving back to LF.

Then I'd platoon Hamilton (1/3 of the starts) and Calhoun (2/3 of the starts) in RF and also have Hamilton get 1/3 of the remaining DH starts in 2013 to see how he adjusts, which allows both to start 2/3 of the remaining games in 2013.    If we can get pitching help for Trumbo, Hamilton's the most likely guy to DH on this team in 2014, in being 33 sometime next season and declining defensively. 

When PB gets back, Shuck should ride the pine:

1. Bourjos CF

2. Aybar SS

3. Trout LF

4. Hamilton DH

5. Trumbo 1b

6. Kendrick 2b

7. Calhoun RF

8. Conger/ Iannetta C

9. Green 3b

Trout did get regular playing time

Season may be over  ... but fans who go to the games still want to see the best players on the field. Winning still has value for the fans and the players. Winning is still fun!

You still have to perserve the integrity of the game. The spoiler role can be somewhat satisfying. I'm sure the rookies will get some playing time.

Season may be over  ... but fans who go to the games still want to see the best players on the field. Winning still has value for the fans and the players. Winning is still fun!

You still have to perserve the integrity of the game. The spoiler role can be somewhat satisfying. I'm sure the rookies will get some playing time.

Thanks for the laugh.

Hamilton will be in that cleanup spot until kingdom come

So just out of curiosity..  Should Hamilton be sat the rest of the year?   Is the GM that spent 125 million on him going to be cool with that?  Or did the GM that spend125 million on Hamilton all the while knowing the team had better in house options and that he should be sat in favor fo them?  If Scioscia plays youngsters over Hamilton is he undermining his GM?  Or is it a sign the GM that signed the guy is telling him he NEEDS to play the younger guys?  OH I KNOW, it's Arte's fault and both the GM and the manager are under no pressure to play the guy making 125 million.

Who has more to gain from Hamilton turning it around?  The GM, the manager?  the team that actually has made the commitment to him for the next 5 years?  The devious meddlesome owner?

How exactly is this fan driven drama supposed to play out?

Really the only youngster he needs to give full playing time is Calhoun, Richards and Conger.

The team needs to find out if any/all could handle being a full time starter role next year.

And Green, because we have no ready for MLB 3B otherwise, except for Jimenez who really struggled his first time up here. 

We need to have both battling for the 3B job in 2014.   A battle sometimes brings the best out in one of the participants. 

There are too many cooks spoiling the broth.   The owner needs to focus on supplying the money, the GM needs to focus on running the org and making the team better without gutting the farm, and the manager needs to stick to managing and only advise but not dictate which players to acquire.

They all need to stay out of each other's jobs and do their own!      

Isn't it possible that part of the problem is 3 people messing up each other's jobs because they all have different agendas?    That's no way to run an org!