• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo Pirates rumor

Scott34

For Trumbo I'd shoot for Gregory Polanco, Alen Hanson and Jameson Taillon. 

Trumbo is young and could fill their void offensively in RF, which they're looking at improving. 

or 1b, they have Gaby Sanchez, Garrett Jones, and Travis Snider rotating

If the Angels are willing to deal this has legs. Makes a lot of sense for the Pirates.

yep, been waiting to hear of something like this. Theuve got a bunch of cheap players under control, phenom pitching but still a very weak offense. Theyve got the depth to trade from, and a power bat for them may be all that's needed to guarantee its them and st lou in october, not Cincinnati.

If the angels could get back one of their better pitching prospects, this could be a great deal foe both sides.

For Trumbo I'd shoot for Gregory Polanco, Alen Hanson and Jameson Taillon. 

Trumbo is young and could fill their void offensively in RF, which they're looking at improving. 

Polanco and Taillon are likely going to be ranked in the top 25 on most top 100 lists. Alen Hanson is also a top 100 prospect. No way in hell the Pirates trade all of that for just Trumbo

I don't even think they'd trade Polanco or Taillon straight up for Trumbo

Sorry, these guys don't knock my socks off. You don't trade a 30 HR, 100 RBI guy who is young and cheap for anything less. 

I have the same exact feeling, but of our young players who will net us a lot (Trumbo, Aybar, Kendrick), Trumbo is easiest to replace for this year and beyond with Calhoun and Pujols.

Not like Taillon is the 4th best pitching prospect in all of baseball or anything.

Rankings don't mean shit. I've been following prospects for all 30 teams for 30 years. I've seen these top prospects flame out. There are things to look for that can give you clues whether a player will have success in the big leagues. Missing bats and not walking a bunch of batters, and keeping your BAA/WHIP low are the clues. You can't get a boner because a pitcher throws 97 MPH. 

Kevin Jepsen throws 97 MPH and has an awesome cutter/slider. How's his command? Same with Ian Kennedy. Good stuff, but his command went to shit last season and carried over into this season. 

Polanco and Taillon are likely going to be ranked in the top 25 on most top 100 lists. Alen Hanson is also a top 100 prospect. No way in hell the Pirates trade all of that for just Trumbo

I don't even think they'd trade Polanco or Taillon straight up for Trumbo

No deal then. 

Sorry, these guys don't knock my socks off. You don't trade a 30 HR, 100 RBI guy who is young and cheap for anything less. 

...who is also a .249 hitter with a low OBP and on pace to strike out 173 times this year.

He doesn't seem to be getting better in these areas. What if he hits .239 next year with 25 HR, 80 RBI? Move him now when his value is highest. We have a desperate need for quality pitching.

Rankings don't mean shit. I've been following prospects for all 30 teams for 30 years. I've seen these top prospects flame out. There are things to look for that can give you clues whether a player will have success in the big leagues. Missing bats and not walking a bunch of batters, and keeping your BAA/WHIP low are the clues. You can't get a boner because a pitcher throws 97 MPH. 

Kevin Jepsen throws 97 MPH and has an awesome cutter/slider. How's his command? Same with Ian Kennedy. Good stuff, but his command went to shit last season and carried over into this season. 

All prospects have warts.  That's the fun of it. 

Trumbo really isn't that good.