• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Don't be surprised if Howie stays

First of all, the best fit, the Cardinals, evidently won't include Wacha or Martinez, one of whom I'd imagine Dipoto would insist upon.

Secondly, the Angels might be wanting Green for 3B where his defense might play better than at 2B. Given Cowart's stalled development, and Jimenez's questionable ability to be a major league starter, the Angels have a gap at 3B for at least another year.

That said, I'd estimate a Kendrick trade at about 50-50, either now or in the offseason. He's just one of the most moveable parts for the Angels and, with Green, Lindsey, and Yarbrough they have three solid second base prospects, all within a year or so of being ready (Yarbrough might be 1-2 years out).

I would be less inclined to move more infielders in hopes of getting a future player. Next season they need to field a team that can play together, tossing out your middle and corner infielders all in one trade deadline is going to make for a long transition period. Or possibly the Angels have decided next season will be no better without pitching, a commodity that will be scarce through free agency.

I don't think we can get a high end pitching prospect for Howie right now....teams just aren't trading those guys....it's all a crap shoot but when you look at Corbin, I think most teams would prefer to make do at 2b and hold on to pitchers who are potential difference makers.....the biggest problem with this year's team (although there are many) is pitching....the last two nights being exhbit A.....

The Cards have a 2nd baseman who made the All-Star team, is leading the league in runs scored and doubles, and has a slash of .311/.386/.477. They also have a top-100 prospect, Kolten Wong, at 2nd at AAA with a slash of .298/362/458.

How in the world would the Cards be a good fit, and why would they give up stud pitching prospects for Howie and his $10M/yr?

First of all, the best fit, the Cardinals, evidently won't include Wacha or Martinez, one of whom I'd imagine Dipoto would insist upon.

Secondly, the Angels might be wanting Green for 3B where his defense might play better than at 2B. Given Cowart's stalled development, and Jimenez's questionable ability to be a major league starter, the Angels have a gap at 3B for at least another year.

That said, I'd estimate a Kendrick trade at about 50-50, either now or in the offseason. He's just one of the most moveable parts for the Angels and, with Green, Lindsey, and Yarbrough they have three solid second base prospects, all within a year or so of being ready (Yarbrough might be 1-2 years out).

I hope you're right AJ. HK is my favorite player and I don't think we need to trade him.

Angelsjunky, on 11 Jul 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:snapback.png

That's a lot of legwork, Robert, for what I could have told you: trading Kendrick is very, very unlikely.

Are you coming around now AJ? :P

The Cards have a 2nd baseman who made the All-Star team, is leading the league in runs scored and doubles, and has a slash of .311/.386/.477. They also have a top-100 prospect, Kolten Wong, at 2nd at AAA with a slash of .298/362/458.

How in the world would the Cards be a good fit, and why would they give up stud pitching prospects for Howie and his $10M/yr?

Exactly. It was Aybar who was a good fit for the Cards, but they obviously don't want to part with Wacha or Martinez to get Aybar(they are a smart team and know better)

Kendrick is a good fit for somebody like Baltimore or LAD, contenders who need 2B.

Exactly. It was Aybar who was a good fit for the Cards, but they obviously don't want to part with Wacha or Martinez to get Aybar(they are a smart team and know better)

Kendrick is a good fit for somebody like Baltimore or LAD, contenders who need 2B.

Mark Ellis seems to be holding his own at L.A.

.279 BA for the season, and hitting even better in July (.322 BA, .753 OPS), with a walk-off single last night.

the reason to trade kendrick now is if a team offers too much for their playoff run. 

in the offseason when hope is restored and most teams consider themselves as having a chance with the right pieces there will be more teams involved and more options.  Nothing is automatic though. 

I still think Trumbo is the most obvious choice to move and will net the largest return relative to ease of replacement.