• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

15 hours left...

...to pick up some spare parts and try to put something resembling a baseball team together.

Callaspo is gone.

Kendrick, Aybar, Iannetta, Frieri, and some others could go and I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep.

Doubt anybody wants Frieri at this point.

I'd keep Frieri. Let him work on an actual second pitch. The ones he threw to beltre were pretty good until Tommy Field gave that beltre grounder the Roger Dorn ole'

I hope your kidding. That pitch was a fat fastball tailing back over the middle of the plate when it was supposed to be up and off the outside corner. Horrible, awful, disgraceful pitch on 0-2

why do people want to trade aybar and kendrick? they're good players with cheap contracts. it would only make sense if they were going into a full rebuilding period and in that case they would need to trade everyone not named trout.

because going from Erick Aybar to Andrew Romine is better than sticking with Blanton, Hanson, Williams, Enright or any other scrub from the pitching dumpster dive we've been making.  The pitching on this team is about as bad as you can get.  Two legit Starters returning in 2014.  Both of whom are in their 30's.  A couple of decent pen arms.  Maybe 3.  Nothing to pull from on the farm.  That's it man.  5 decent pitchers on a team with a 140mil payroll and no reinforcements. 

because going from Erick Aybar to Andrew Romine is better than sticking with Blanton, Hanson, Williams, Enright or any other scrub from the pitching dumpster dive we've been making.  The pitching on this team is about as bad as you can get.  Two legit Starters returning in 2014.  Both of whom are in their 30's.  A couple of decent pen arms.  Maybe 3.  Nothing to pull from on the farm.  That's it man.  5 decent pitchers on a team with a 140mil payroll and no reinforcements. 

The sad truth

I don't want the team to rebuild, I want the team to have some pitching.  I am fine with trading away everyone but Trout, Conger, and Calhoun.  If we are gonna rely on anything, it should be pitching.  Get some lock down guys for the 8th and ninth.  Let Hamilton and Pujols carry the offense.  If they can't, so be it. 

This team is trying to race in the America's cup with a cigarette boat that has no gas and a hole in the bottom, and they are sinking fast.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 3m

#Angels highly unlikely to trade SS Erick Aybar at this point, but 2B Howie Kendrick still in play, per industry source. #tradedeadline

Makes sense. Cards were seriously the best fit for Aybar, but since they aren't willing to pay(don't blame them), doesn't make much sense for the Halos to deal Aybar. They have no replacement for him at this point. With them adding Grant Green, Halos now have 3 potential 2B options in him, Lindsey and Yarbrough, so Kendrick looks like the Halos big trade chip for tomorrow and perhaps into the offseason

Vargas looks more likely to be dealt in August, if at all. Need him back and showing teams he's healthy to get his value back up. After that, not much else to throw out there. Iannetta won't fetch much

Trading Vargas in August does figure to be tougher though. He won't make it through waivers once he's healthy, and then your leverage is limited(to some degree at least). And that's even if the team that claims him actually wants him and isn't just blocking someone else.