• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

if Trout were a FA after this season

what do you think the chances would be of him re-signing with the Angels?

Not great, yeah?  Better hope things change for the better over the next few years.

what do you think the chances would be of him re-signing with the Angels?

Not great, yeah?  Better hope things change for the better over the next few years.

Since the Angels have signed the top free agents the last two years I would say the chances of resigning are pretty good!

However, it would probably cost close to the same that Pujols got.  250 million would be my guess!

is he riding Falkor the Luckdragon and smoking crack with the pope in this extemely realistic scenario?

i swear to god the people on this board are either purposely obtuse or just plan stupid.

I'm making the point that the way things are trending right now, we probably aren't going to be able to keep Mike Trout here long term.  There's obviously a lot of time in between now and then, but a lot of things are going to have to change for the better.  Also, these early years count, and if he doesn't feel good about his teammates, the coaches, the team's chances of being good, etc. he is going to be more inclined to bail.

i swear to god the people on this board are either purposely obtuse or just plan stupid.

I'm making the point that the way things are trending right now, we probably aren't going to be able to keep Mike Trout here long term. There's obviously a lot of time in between now and then, but a lot of things are going to have to change for the better. Also, these early years count, and if he doesn't feel good about his teammates, the coaches, the team's chances of being good, etc. he is going to be more inclined to bail.

Don't knock Falcor, bro

I'm making the point that the way things are trending right now, we probably aren't going to be able to keep Mike Trout here long term.  There's obviously a lot of time in between now and then, but a lot of things are going to have to change for the better.  Also, these early years count, and if he doesn't feel good about his teammates, the coaches, the team's chances of being good, etc. he is going to be more inclined to bail.

Well since your speaking of obtuse put yourself into that category.

The Angels control Trout for another four years after this.  Next year he is guaranteed only 500,000.  The year after that he would start making millions, but it will be a fraction to what he can get with a mega deal.  A mega deal that he would have to wait four years to get if its not with the Angels.  AND A LOT CAN HAPPEN DURING THAT FOUR YEARS THAT PREVENTS TROUT FROM GETTING HIS MEGA DEAL.

So I would say the Angels have a great chance of extending Trout.  All the have to do is offer the mega deal next year and not wait three years to do it.

So I would say the Angels have a great chance of extending Trout.  All the have to do is offer the mega deal next year and not wait three years to do it.

oh that's all they have to do is offer him a mega deal next year?  a year after they stiffed him on a tiny raise?  With the Pujols and Hamilton contracts on the books and fresh in their minds?  I'm not saying it won't happen, but I don't think it's as near a slam dunk as you do.

I am sorry that I didn't take your hypothetical bullshit scenario seriously.  Mike Trout is a FA in 2018.  He's gonna be part of this team for at least the next 4 years after this one, yet there are 3 threads a day that try to insinuate we won't be able to re-sign him unless things change.  Your premise is ludicrous and I responded in kind. 

"They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns! You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?"