• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2013 Trade Deadline Thread

SoWhat

I was really hoping the Angels would sell everybody they could. I think it should be fairly obvious by now that this roster isn't going to win crap anytime in the future.

We'll see some guys moved in the offseason

@JeffPassan: Winners: Sox, Padres, Astros, Cubs and more. Losers: Pirates, Mariners, Mets, Angels, Hunter Pence. http://t.co/CWqhSh9G7u

I don't agree with Passan (re: Kennedy).

His whole write-up is pretty damn bad regarding the Halos. He acts like they won't deal Kendrick or Aybar in the offseason(likely Kendrick). Who cares that they didn't move him at the deadline. Also, what was with him saying they traded Ervin Santana for a guy who had TJ surgery and hasn't pitched for them? Is he implying they traded Ervin for Madson? WTF

His whole write-up is pretty damn bad regarding the Halos. He acts like they won't deal Kendrick or Aybar in the offseason(likely Kendrick). Who cares that they didn't move him at the deadline. Also, what was with him saying they traded Ervin Santana for a guy who had TJ surgery and hasn't pitched for them? Is he implying they traded Ervin for Madson? WTF

I agree. He was talking about Sisk, the AA relief pitcher that the Angels got in the trade with KC for Santana.

Pirates Made Significant Offer For Giancarlo Stanton

By Jeff Todd [July 31 at 8:15pm CST]

While the Pirates ultimately stood pat on trade deadline day (apart from a post-deadline deal for minor-leaguer Robert Andino), the club made a real push to acquire slugger Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, reports Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Pittsburgh worked hard to acquire Stanton, according to Biertempfel, who says that the club's best offer forced Miami to consider dealing their star right-fielder. Last we heard, the Marlins were set to hold onto Stanton in spite of intense interest around the game. As one of the game's premier power hitters at just 23 years of age, and set to enter arbitration for the first time next year, there is no question that Stanton would bring back a massive haul in any trade. While the Marlins continue to resist the urge to deal their best asset, he will certainly be one of the most interesting players to watch over the coming offseason.

I was really hoping the Angels would sell everybody they could.  I think it should be fairly obvious by now that this roster isn't going to win crap anytime in the future.

I have no problem being sellers, but it is stupid to sell below value!  Kendrick is a good player and he isn't the reason why we are not making the playoffs.  However, I would have been fine trading him for a starting pitcher.  Trading him for some future Blanton's would have been stupid.

so i am good with no more moves for now.