• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Dodgers have "casual conversation" about Kendrick

I've always been a huge fan of Yordano Ventura from KC.  Would be a nice get.

Love his arm but I'm not sold on him lasting as a SP. Doesn't have the body to log big innings and I fear that his future role will be in the back-end of a bullpen. I mean, the ceiling is either a #2 starter or a top tier closer, so it would be a great get....it's just that this team needs the SP a bit more. I'd want somebody who you know is going to be a sure get to stick as a starter.

Love his arm but I'm not sold on him lasting as a SP. Doesn't have the body to log big innings and I fear that his future role will be in the back-end of a bullpen. I mean, the ceiling is either a #2 starter or a top tier closer, so it would be a great get....it's just that this team needs the SP a bit more. I'd want somebody who you know is going to be a sure get to stick as a starter.

I know.  I'm just not big on projecting a player on a body.  I know that seems Bass Ackwards but I don't mind a small pitcher.

You must be the guy who proposes to trade your 3 bench players in Fantasy Baseball for David Price and then gets mad when it gets rejected so quickly

You must be the guy who assumes things.

I just said I'd rather keep HK and trade the other pieces.  Yes, EA would fetch less on the trade market, and AC even more so. I just think HK is more valuable to us, with us than acquiring a 2B another way or through our minor league system.

I am just afraid that if Kendrick is traded for pitching, that the FO will go after Cano or Utley in the off season.  No more huge contracts!

What about sliding Callaspo over to 2B and signing Headley. I know he has had a terrible year. But maybe the Angels should be signing hitters off of poor seasons rather than good ones.

Plus, he'd come cheap now as opposed to what he did last season.

What about sliding Callaspo over to 2B and signing Headley. I know he has had a terrible year. But maybe the Angels should be signing hitters off of poor seasons rather than good ones.

Plus, he'd come cheap now as opposed to what he did last season.

Callaspo has been awful defensively.  I know he was originally a 2b but I don't see him playing well.  Plus his bat has been bad.  I think that would be a pretty big step backwards.

I think it will be hilarious when we have some light hitting MIF type at 2b hitting .240 with no power and low OBP and everyone hates it.

Howie is a lot better than people give him credit for.

Howie gets a lot of flack for not living up to the huge expectations placed on him.  He's also incredibly streaky, which makes it easier to remember his cold spells.  And, there's the GIDP thing that shows up with some predictability.  That said, he's probably our best trade chip and we need pitching. 

I don't know much about the Dodgers minor league system so I can assess specifically about the trade.  I can speculate.  IF the Angels can get a Vargas type pitcher from the Dodgers (high end 3 probable solid 4 or 5 pitcher) for Howie than we certainly ought to jump at it.  Next year we have Weaver, Wilson and hopefully Vargas.  Richard is the no 5 and I think we can go with him at that.  We need vast improvement over Hanson AND we need depth at pitcher because that also killed us this year.  However, trading Howie is a gamble because Lindsey is probably a year away from being ready and not having a quality 2b is a gamble. Moving Callaspo to 2b is possible and going with Jimenez at 3b.  However, that is a big drop in production.

KC also in

@MikeDiGiovanna: For those asking about #Angels 2B Howie Kendrick trade ... yes, #Royals are pursuing him, but that's a deal that could wait until winter.

That's true, but a KC might want to trade for a 2B now to give them a better chance at the playoffs this year.

Royals Discussed Kendrick, Beckham, Weeks

By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 3:07pm CST]

The Royals have had discussions about second basemen Howie Kendrick of the Angels, Gordon Beckham of the White Sox, and Rickie Weeks of the Brewers, according to Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. They also looked at the Phillies' Kevin Frandsen. However, Knobler says there is no indication the Royals are close to any deal.

The Royals have used Chris Getz, Elliot Johnson, Miguel Tejada, and Johnny Giavotella at second base this year, resulting in a .230/.279/.311 offensive line. They seek a second baseman they would control beyond 2013, says Knobler, and all of the players mentioned above are controlled through '15.

The Angels would need a front-line, Major League or MLB-ready starting pitcher for Kendrick or Erick Aybar, tweets Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times. As Knobler notes, Beckham presents the problem of playing within the Royals' division, while Weeks' salary is prohibitive compared to his production.

0 2 0 3