• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Dodgers have "casual conversation" about Kendrick

Nobo

I'd much prefer to keep HK and trade Callaspo and Aybar. I don't see Aybar becoming anything better than what he is (or was), and the same for Callaspo. At least Howie, even with his fielding blunders and mental lapses, is at least a consistent offensive performer for the bottom half of our lineup.

Callaspo is worthless and Aybar does not have much value due to his average bat and mediocre defense.

If you want some good pitching prospects, you will have to give up something of value.

I discussed this a couple of weeks ago here: http://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/trade-candidate-howie-kendrick.html

My concern was the politics of trading with your cross-town rivals but I'm glad to hear that we are at least discussing the possibility with the Dodgers.

The conversation should start and end with Zach Lee though.

I discussed this a couple of weeks ago here: http://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/trade-candidate-howie-kendrick.html

My concern was the politics of trading with your cross-town rivals but I'm glad to hear that we are at least discussing the possibility with the Dodgers.

The conversation should start and end with Zach Lee though.

Hopefully the angels include mike scioscia as a throw in with that deal.

I'm kind of torn on this.

If the Dodgers were to make the clear best offer, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Howie there just because it's the Dodgers.

But I like Howie and don't like the Dodgers, so I would much prefer another team making a better offer and him going there(if he's traded at all).

Would a Lee for Kendrick swap be fair?  Lee is a very good prospect and was a big-time bonus baby, but Kendrick is a very good player with two more years after this under contract.  Lee's minor league numbers are good, but not excellent. 

Would a Lee for Kendrick swap be fair?  Lee is a very good prospect and was a big-time bonus baby, but Kendrick is a very good player with two more years after this under contract.  Lee's minor league numbers are good, but not excellent. 

Phillie has no need for Howie.

They already have a veteran Utley and they need prospects back for Lee.

I can't really think of any pitching that the Dodgers could give the Angels.  They are in the same boat as us.

How do you figure they have one of the best one two combos in the league along with Ryu, Nolasco, and Capuano.

They also have a high priced Beckett coming back next year as well.

Their rotation is fine now.

I'd much prefer to keep HK and trade Callaspo and Aybar. I don't see Aybar becoming anything better than what he is (or was), and the same for Callaspo. At least Howie, even with his fielding blunders and mental lapses, is at least a consistent offensive performer for the bottom half of our lineup.

You must be the guy who proposes to trade your 3 bench players in Fantasy Baseball for David Price and then gets mad when it gets rejected so quickly

Zach Lee is putting it together in 2013 at AA.

108 innings so far = 3.23 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 101/27 Ks/BBs, just 9 HRs allowed, and gets a lot of GB outs in addition to the Ks. 

He would eventually look good in the mid-2014 Halos rotation along with Weaver, Wilson, and Vargas.   They will need to be mindful through 2014 of Lee's innings pitched, as his high by the end of this season will be around 145 innings.   By 2015 though, he could be real good and a solid #3 guy and able to pitch around 200 innings.

Then they just need one more rotation guy by then.

I hope then that Arte has learned his lesson, and simply plugs in Lindsey at 2B to start 2014. 

Plenty of players have gone from AA to the majors, plus Lindsey played for all of 2014 in AA.

As for August/September now, just plug in whoever.  

Does it matter, since we aren't post-season bound in 2013?

Aybar needs to be held on to until Rondon is ready, which hopefully will be no later than mid-2016 (last season of Aybar's contract).   Rondon is the real deal (good baseball IQ and excellent tools).

The WAR difference between Aybar and Kendrick isn't much different going back to 2010.