• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now is the time to relieve Scioscia of his duties

nate

This might be the worst time to get rid of Mike. This season is over, we can all agree with that. So, what is the point of getting rid of him now? I am convinced that Mike will be re-assigned in the off-season and it is up to him to accept that role. If he doesn't then he will resign and Arte won't have to pay him all of that money. What would really be the point of letting him go now? I have been called a Scioscia Apologist, but anyone that has been following this board or pay attention to what I have said the last few months know that I am in favor of replacing him in the off-season. That being said, this isn't all on Mike, as a matter of opinion it is so much more on the players and the health of some players than it is on Mike. I would actually probably put about 10% of the blame on Mike, 20% on Dipoto and the rest on the injuries and the players.

honestly, I doubt his contract would require him to accept reassignment or resign without considerable compensation up to his full remaining contract amount.

Yea, RePlay, that is kind of how I feel. How did we do when we had those guys? Well when they pitched well we did really well. When Santana sucked and had to be limited to 5 innings, or when Wilson sucked for the second half of last year, well we weren't that great. Oh and Haren wasn't very good last year either. Honestly, I think Mike was really good when we had a lock down bullpen, and what manager wouldn't be.

why would we expect a manager to be "good" when his team isn't. Do good managers make mediocre teams into good teams? The last few years, this team has not had much to work with particularly with pitching (SP and RP), couple that with some FA disasters, injuries, etc. When we had decent SP, the bullpen sucked, and so on. I'm not sure how anyone expects any manager to overcome all of that and somehow get his team into playoff contention. 

I still don't think any other manager gets any more wins out of this team, the way it is comprised. I am certain there are plenty of managers that would have more colorful comments in the post game interview and seriously challenge even the Astros for a first round draft pick.

I do think if they keep Scioscia there must be a change in his coaching staff addressing the issue the Angels have had over the last few seasons, pitching.

They could also use a different instructor for hitting to get more out of Aybar and Trumbo, the worst of the Angels hackers. Either that or just put shock collars on them for pitches well out of the zone to gently remind them to quit swing at trash. The shock collars are cheaper and probably more effective in the long run.

I still don't think any other manager gets any more wins out of this team, the way it is comprised. I am certain there are plenty of managers that would have more colorful comments in the post game interview and seriously challenge even the Astros for a first round draft pick.

I do think if they keep Scioscia there must be a change in his coaching staff addressing the issue the Angels have had over the last few seasons, pitching.

They could also use a different instructor for hitting to get more out of Aybar and Trumbo, the worst of the Angels hackers. Either that or just put shock collars on them for pitches well out of the zone to gently remind them to quit swing at trash. The shock collars are cheaper and probably more effective in the long run.

well again, regarding pitching, the issue is with the personnel in the rotation and the bullpen not the lack of coaching.

Trumbo works hard to improve his patience and not be a hacker, and yet he still struggles with it. It's not a hitting coach thing. Aybar is and always will be a hacker type, no one is going to change that.

Team was not prepared

Team cannot hit mediocre pitchers

Team is playing awful defense

Players lack any sense of urgency

Team lacks fundamental abilities

Right, everything is the players faults and none of it lies on Scioscia.

Team was not prepared

Team cannot hit mediocre pitchers

Team is playing awful defense

Players lack any sense of urgency

Team lacks fundamental abilities

Right, everything is the players faults and none of it lies on Scioscia.

Exactly.  The players have sucked, but as the God Momus hands out blame in percentages in.......oh say pizza slices,  Scioscia should pick a large slice.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but our run-differential is way better than what our record is.

We are only minus 28 to the Rangers and yet 9 games behind, and PLUS 36 to the Mariners yet 1.5 games behind.

Truth is, we've lost many close games this season.

And this definitely can be pointed at game management.