• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now is the time to relieve Scioscia of his duties

nate

Almost all of the beat writers have mentioned it, early in the season when Scioscia was reported to be on the hot seat, also one of Buster Olney/Tim Kurkjian reported it.  Check the articles from late April/May.

Haven't checked yet, not sureI even want  to waste my time looking through a bunch of articles from months ago looking for that little tidbit, but I'm guessing that the reporters are speculating and it's not based on anything Arte or the front office has ever said. 

Of course that thought would weigh on Arte's mind.  How bad would it look if he let Scioscia go and the Dodgers picked him up and he led them to a World Series win?  He doesn't have to worry about that now because Don's job is clearly safe with how well the Dodgers have been playing.

From May, Ken Rosenthal "If I was Moreno, I’d be more worried about Scioscia resurfacing quickly with the Dodgers." 

Didn't find anything else in a brief search but I would expect that I would find more of the same kind of comments. 

But seriously, whether or not Scioscia moves on to the Dodgers has little real impact on the market. The only way this team has a chance to steal or hold onto market share is winning, with or without Scioscia. 

Who really cares if Scioscia goes to the Dodgers.  We practically stole him from them anyways.  They didn't want him before and now they do.  Big whoop.  I don't think Scioscia can rally this type of team anymore.

The BEST move that could happen this off season could be one of our most inexpensive ones.....CHANGE MANAGERS & PITCHING COACHES!

The players have underperformed but there's been some headscratcher moves when it's come to the bullpen management at times during the year.  If they miss the playoffs this year then that's 4 years they've underperformed which to me means it's time for a manager change.  Regardless there's no reason to do anything during the season.  If changes are made do it in the offseason. 

The more I think about it, the less blame I think can be cast in Scioscia's direction. His realm of responsibility is mainly the clubhouse and decisions on the field; it isn't his fault that:

1. Pujols is injured/old/declining
  2. Hamilton forgot how to hit
  3. The pitching staff Dipoto assembled sucks
  4. The players keep making errors on the field

Etc.

Now I'm not saying that Scioscia doesn't have a hand in how the team is doing - he does - but the main problems are not rooted in his managing. Actually, the irony is that the further the Angels have gotten from his style of baseball the worse they've gotten.

The main problems with the team stem from the GM/ownership level. I think we can place primarily blame on Arte's impulsive choice to give bad contracts to Pujols and Hamilton, and Dipoto's poor rate of gambles paying off. If Scioscia were a miracle worker maybe the team would have won a few games they lost, but he's stuck with the team Arte and Jerry assembled.

Team was not prepared

Team cannot hit mediocre pitchers

Team is playing awful defense

Players lack any sense of urgency

Team lacks fundamental abilities

Right, everything is the players faults and none of it lies on Scioscia.

Arte thinks all the time about the Dodgers.  It's why he did the stupid name change.  He mentioned the Dodgers during the press conference for either this year's overpaid nag (Hammy) or last year's overpaid nag (Pujols).

Who gives a crap about the Dodgers picking up ol' Bunty McFly-in-the-ointment.  Bottom line is he isn't getting it done for the Angels.  Let him go.

Now this is a refreshing idea!

I didn't even bother reading the posts because i am pretty sure it is the same comments of pro and con that I have been hearing for almost a year.  I will just repeat what I have said before.......

Do you have 25 million to relieve a person who may not be the problem?

If not, lets stop these repetitive threads?

Do you have 25 million to relieve a person who may not be the problem?

Arte does.  In fact, his banker probably has carpal tunnel from repeatedly writing checks to pay for Angels mistakes, going all the way back to the first one Arte had to write off, Kevin Appier (that was the largest $$ DFA ever made, to that point).

the players are not playing well, that's their fault. the players are not prepared to play and their heads are definitely not in the game, that's scioscia's fault.

he's got to go, as part of the rebuild, both of which are not coming.

Arte does.  In fact, his banker probably has carpal tunnel from repeatedly writing checks to pay for Angels mistakes, going all the way back to the first one Arte had to write off, Kevin Appier (that was the largest $$ DFA ever made, to that point).

I'm guessing this isn't the case, for two reasons:

1) The players probably have direct deposit (or wire transfers); and

2) If there were actual checks, they would be computer printed.

:rolleyes: