• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tonight's Game

Tonight is exactly how this year has gone

Our 5th and 6th hitters choke when we need them most

An error leads to a big run

Our bullpen blows it

We have a VERY EASY scoring opportunity and we blow it

Trout does everything right

We need to trade people and not focus and names. We need to focus on good defense, a good bullpen and guys who hit with RISP. Those are the 3 most important things in baseball. Those things win games. This team is embarrassing.

i don't see how dipoto hasn't addressed the defense and the bullpen. an outfield of trout, bourjos and hamilton should be excellent defensively. match that to an infield of callaspo, aybar, kendrick and pujols; all above avg. defenders and several gold gloves at two of those positions. ianetta has been at least an avg. catcher in his career.

the bullpen was supposed to have an established closer in madsen to anchor the bullpen, who was coming a full year off his tommy john surgery, which is the accepted return date for full strength and operation in general. downs and frieri as the setup men, jepsen, burnett, etc as middle relief. that's a good looking bullpen.

how is dipoto to know that his defense is going to be the worst in the league when looking at that lineup? how is he supposed to know that madsen and burnett aren't even going to take the field this year? that's a total fluke and it's not because of tommy john. literally, hundreds of players have come back from TJS with no problems, stronger than before, etc.

it's insane, how every single move this team makes, just explodes massively in their face.

i should add that i do think dipoto did fail to assemble a quality mlb rotation and bench. acknowledging that his team inherited a truly f****ed up organization. so, rome wasn't built in a day, is what i'm saying and because of that i expect the team to have some glaring weaknesses.

LOL @ several gold gloves at two of those positions? Which ones are you referring to? Pujols has 2 - that is not bad, but over the length of his career it doesn't make him Keith Hernandez with the leather. The only other gold glove on this team is from Eric Aybar, with a grand total of 1. Wow, these guys sure can flash the leather. The outfield of Trout, Bourjos, and Hamilton should be excellent defensively? I suppose you didn't see the disgrace in the outfield in that last A's - Angels matchup on Sunday. Trout is usually very good, but no gold glove yet has been awarded. Hamilton has never won one, and Bourjos is a superior defender - but he is rarely in uniform, Shoulda, woulda, coulda  is not a formula for a great defense. Ianetta sucks, and when was the last time we had a pitcher win a gold glove?

LOL @ several gold gloves at two of those positions? Which ones are you referring to? Pujols has 2 - that is not bad, but over the length of his career it doesn't make him Keith Hernandez with the leather. The only other gold glove on this team is from Eric Aybar, with a grand total of 1. Wow, these guys sure can flash the leather. The outfield of Trout, Bourjos, and Hamilton should be excellent defensively? I suppose you didn't see the disgrace in the outfield in that last A's - Angels matchup on Sunday. Trout is usually very good, but no gold glove yet has been awarded. Hamilton has never won one, and Bourjos is a superior defender - but he is rarely in uniform, Shoulda, woulda, coulda  is not a formula for a great defense. Ianetta sucks, and when was the last time we had a pitcher win a gold glove?

edit: i don't know why it quoted you twice, but anyway...

3 gold gloves is at two of four positions isn't impressive enough for you? kendrick isn't a good enough fielder? there is no way anyone with an ounce of baseball knowledge would look at this lineup and think that's the worst fielding team in baseball. they should be top ten easily.

...and if you think that an outfield of trout, bourjos and hamilton shouldn't be a STELLAR defensive outfield, then you are a fool and have no idea what you are talking about. i saw hamilton in the A's game last year. i saw the error. i have seen errors from all fielders, even the great ones. hamilton is a good fielder, trout and bourjos are excellent fielders. that makes an insane defensive outfield. this team is not prepared to take the field, but the talent is there.

edit: i don't know why it quoted you twice, but anyway...

3 gold gloves is at two of four positions isn't impressive enough for you? kendrick isn't a good enough fielder? there is no way anyone with an ounce of baseball knowledge would look at this lineup and think that's the worst fielding team in baseball. they should be top ten easily.

...and if you think that an outfield of trout, bourjos and hamilton shouldn't be a STELLAR defensive outfield, then you are a fool and have no idea what you are talking about. i saw hamilton in the A's game last year. i saw the error. i have seen errors from all fielders, even the great ones. hamilton is a good fielder, trout and bourjos are excellent fielders. that makes an insane defensive outfield. this team is not prepared to take the field, but the talent is there.

I never said they weren't good outfielders. The clown act last night aside, they are talented outfielders. Trout is a fabulous one, so is Bourjos. I agree with you on the fact that they are not prepared to take the field, Kendrick is an ok fielder, that muffed double play grounder helped lead to another batch of runs that has our team in the hole again. He will make some spectacular plays, but overall his defense is average. LOL at anyone (not saying you, btw) who considers Callaspo a good defender. Did I say that Ianetta sucks? He does.