• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's hard to think of a GM worse than Dipoto right now...

To be fair I liked the Blanton and Hamilton deals at the time.

I don't follow the Rangers. I didn't understand how little passion and will to get better Josh Hamilton had. It's almost like he doesn't like baseball and doesn't want to do what it takes to make the adjustments required to compensate for a reduction in bat speed and other realities as we age. I think everybody on this board has more passion for baseball than Hamilton.

I was vividly against the Wells trade and was against the Albert Pujols and Segura trade.

Theo and the Cubs haven't done much. Cubs are still the same crappy team they have been for 105 years.

It hasn't even been 2 years since they've took over. They can't rebuild that team over night. I think they've done a really good job so far by adding a good amount of talent within a short time. They also fleeced Texas in that Garza deal

The only deal I was for was Hamilton, the others I was against. I couldn't imagine Hamilton being this bad. But crap happens and sometimes you make bad decisions the upside though is once you make a bad decision like Hamilton, Pujols, Blanton etc. To not let it burden the entire organization get creative and find your way out of it. Hell make a trade for another bad contract and see what happens or eat part of the contract and go a different direction.

I don't like Dipoto but he has had less than two years to straighten out the mess that Reagins left. 

And he's managed to make it worse then when Reagins left...hooray!

Seriously, the only reason this team is watchable is because of Trout...Trout was drafted when Reagins was GM. If not for inheriting Trout, Dipoto would be the GM of a 110 loss team.

I said that Reagins was a patsy.

Reagins and Dipoto seem to be very similar. Both were good guys at scouting and running the farm system but not good at being GM, which requires things like negotiating fair value in trades and free agent deals, and occasionally talking your boss out of making bad decisions. 

Reagins and Dipoto seem to be very similar. Both were good guys at scouting and running the farm system but not good at being GM, which requires things like negotiating fair value in trades and free agent deals, and occasionally talking your boss out of making bad decisions. 

You mean like Brian Cashman was able to talk the Steinbrenners out of trading for Soriano?