• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's hard to think of a GM worse than Dipoto right now...

Exactly, that's why I have little faith in the future of the franchise outside of Trout.

I believe Arte makes decisions based too much on emotion, he reacts instead of responds. He doesn't really have a long term baseball operations plan that is competent.

I hope your wrong. But it looks more and more like I am not renewing my season seats. I am not gonna pay this kind of money to watch Arte, Dipoto and Mike run this organization into the ground

The Angels just have bad luck but the other teams in MLB are carrying around rabbits feet in their pockets ignoring bad luck. At some point hold the people in key positions responsible. Nothing Dipoto has done has worked out well. Ok maybe not nothing CJ Wilson was a good signing but other than that can we say anything really worked in our favor that he has done. Bad luck or not this team was built to suck with over the hill ex PED using players on the super slide that is gonna decline this team into 4th or 5th place in the next couple years.

"Hold the people in key positions responsible" Aren't those the players and managers? I'm not saying Jerry is completely off the hook. Everyone has some fault in this. I'm just saying that DiPoto alone isn't the reason this team is in a free fall. These players just aren't cutting it. Lots of talent on the field yet they do NOTHING with it.

I guess Arte is a horrible owner much like Gene Autry was(LOL).  Listen people Arte wants to win and he has done everything to try and make that happen. Who the hell knew that these players would perform so shitty this season.  Hopefully these players will respond next year.

When you have an owner blowing buckets of money on guys like Pujols and Hamilton, the GM has to go after leftovers to fill the other holes.

Again just bad luck? Then if the owner wants to do stuff like that, and you feel that as the GM of the baseball team you don't want your owner to do that, have the BALLS to STAND up to him and say no I have a vision for this team and this is going to cluster f us for years to come.

Again just bad luck? Then if the owner wants to do stuff like that, and you feel that as the GM of the baseball team you don't want your owner to do that, have the BALLS to STAND up to him and say no I have a vision for this team and this is going to cluster f us for years to come.

How do we know he didn't say that?

"Hold the people in key positions responsible" Aren't those the players and managers? I'm not saying Jerry is completely off the hook. Everyone has some fault in this. I'm just saying that DiPoto alone isn't the reason this team is in a free fall. These players just aren't cutting it. Lots of talent on the field yet they do NOTHING with it.

Well Dipoto is the one who brought these players in, maybe they are having bad seasons but there are declines showing in a couple of them and he went ahead and signed them anyway. I think Mike should be fired as well but they both should go. There shows no sign of vision what so ever. Even seeing the Downs trade really you trade for a 6 year minor leaguer, why not go for a couple 22 year olds in A or AA ball at least you get much younger and what not.

Reagins was far, far worse than Dipoto.

This.

Dipoto's best transaction of his career -- which got him hired as Angels GM -- was trading a rapidly declining Dan Haren for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin and Tyler Skaggs. It is now apparent that move was more a product of Reagins' incompetence than Dipoto's brilliance.

Part of the job is to evaluate the talent and make rational decisions. There's no way any other GM would've given Blanton a 2 year 15M deal. He's made a lot of bad decisions. Iannetta, Madson, Lowe, Burnett, Buckner, Hamilton and Hanson. He also passed on Torii Hunter and continues to cater to Pujols.

Who where we going to get besides jerry, the rays were not parting with feldman. Beane? Mcdaniels? All good gm's are locked down and rigjtfuly so.

If we have the money like we say we do. You can buy out contracts and offer deals to get good guys. Not just some fresh kid off the streets with no vision. Give someone like Theo control and President title and GM or something like that. Cubs went and got their man our guy seems to not have a clue or maybe just that his vision is not the greatest.

I guess Arte is a horrible owner much like Gene Autry was(LOL).  Listen people Arte wants to win and he has done everything to try and make that happen. Who the hell knew that these players would perform so shitty this season.  Hopefully these players will respond next year.

Seems likely. Aww I love the excuses.

Theo and the Cubs haven't done much.  Cubs are still the same crappy team they have been for 105 years.

They are a crappy team and thats great for them. They have a vision of what they are doing and they will be back in a couple years. Same thing we should be doing in Anaheim blow up this team and rebuild for a couple years down the road with fresh faces, young kids and talent. Nothing wrong with a rebuild we had a good run in the 2000's we never let the team rebuild we just tried to continue to piece stuff together. Nothing has seemed to work the last couple years. Blow up and start a fresh.

So we can blame Arte for the Pujols and Hamilton signings and give Dipoto a free walking pass because we like the guy? 

We all have our opinions I guess, but it's like hating on the pitching coach when a pitcher does poorly and then he gets canned regardless of his performance, but only to be a scapegoat. We have no idea as fans what is going on and can't accurately evaluate the situation.

If we have the money like we say we do. You can buy out contracts and offer deals to get good guys. Not just some fresh kid off the streets with no vision. Give someone like Theo control and President title and GM or something like that. Cubs went and got their man our guy seems to not have a clue or maybe just that his vision is not the greatest.

Arte would never cede as much control as Theo received in Chicago.

Good idea. Tell the guy who owns the team, pays your salary and writes the checks that he can't do what he is doing. Don't know why Dipoto didn't think of that before.

Theo and the Cubs haven't done much.  Cubs are still the same crappy team they have been for 105 years.

Theo is in his second year. You don't undo a century-plus of bad baseball in less than two years.

Good idea. Tell the guy who owns the team, pays your salary and writes the checks that he can't do what he is doing. Don't know why Dipoto didn't think of that before.

Theo is in his second year. You don't undo a century-plus of bad baseball in less than two years.

I have told my boss a couple times to not to make a deal on something that he wanted to do because my analysis of the deal pointed in the wrong direction. Did I have to stand up to him no, but I did because that is what was best for the business and I strongly believed what I was saying and what I thought. Luckily he listened to me and the company that actually purchased it lost their ass on the deal.