• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's hard to think of a GM worse than Dipoto right now...

Honestly, name a GM or two in the game that has been worse than Dipoto the last two years.

-signed Pujols to terrible contract (maybe Arte's fault)

-signed Hamilton to terrible contract

-Hanson for Walden looks terrible right now

-Segura for Greinke

-Joe Blanton

-Chatwood for Iannetta

-Didn't go get Anibal Sanchez when Greinke left

-Ignored bullpen in 2012

-Madson hasn't played

-Burnett has been hurt

-Traded Erivn Santana for a bag of balls (Ervin is having an incredible season)

Terrible. Fire this guy immediately.

Completely agree we should have gone out and got a GM who knew what the heck he was doing. Beane or Feldman or probably any number of guys could do a better job than Dipoto has in 2 years. Our farm is a joke, our Angels are a joke and he has not addressed one issue we have had. Bullpen, SP, Offense all suck!

I still think Jerry has the right idea. Part of it is bad luck and poor execution. Probably should have signed Sanchez instead of Hamilton which lets us avoid Blanton. Burnett was just bad luck. No one could see his injury coming. Madsen was bad, Blanton was bad, Hamilton was bad. Chatwood was a tough loss, but I still think it was a trade that had to be made. No GM has a crystal ball, fellas. Who honestly saw us being THIS bad? 

I still think Jerry has the right idea. Part of it is bad luck and poor execution. Probably should have signed Sanchez instead of Hamilton which lets us avoid Blanton. Burnett was just bad luck. No one could see his injury coming. Madsen was bad, Blanton was bad, Hamilton was bad. Chatwood was a tough loss, but I still think it was a trade that had to be made. No GM has a crystal ball, fellas. Who honestly saw us being THIS bad? 

I partly agree. The team should not be as bad as they are playing on the field...I blame Scioscia and Butcher for a lot of that. However, a lot of the moves he has made have turned out awful. I refuse to simply chalk that up to "bad luck". No way

I firmly believe the Pujols signing was entirely the owner's agenda. I also think the Greinke and Hamilton deals were totally driven by ownership.

I don't know YOT then if thats the case why would we even have a GM. Why was Reagins fired maybe it was Arte who wanted Vernon and Reagins just did his bidding. Arte might have some say so in it but Arte has said time and time again he lets his baseball people do the baseball stuff. If it's Arte though then this organization is screwed for years and years and years to come.

He had 6 weeks experience as an interim GM before coming here. Why didn't Arizona want to keep him as their GM? They weren't sold on him, that's why.

I don't know YOT then if thats the case why would we even have a GM. Why was Reagins fired maybe it was Arte who wanted Vernon and Reagins just did his bidding. Arte might have some say so in it but Arte has said time and time again he lets his baseball people do the baseball stuff. If it's Arte though then this organization is screwed for years and years and years to come.

Exactly, that's why I have little faith in the future of the franchise outside of Trout.

I believe Arte makes decisions based too much on emotion, he reacts instead of responds. He doesn't really have a long term baseball operations plan that is competent.

He had 6 weeks experience as an interim GM before coming here. Why didn't Arizona want to keep him as their GM? They weren't sold on him, that's why.

Or... Stay with me on this one cus its a hard concept to grasp here.... We offered him more money and they wouldn't match it.

The Angels just have bad luck but the other teams in MLB are carrying around rabbits feet in their pockets ignoring bad luck. At some point hold the people in key positions responsible. Nothing Dipoto has done has worked out well. Ok maybe not nothing CJ Wilson was a good signing but other than that can we say anything really worked in our favor that he has done. Bad luck or not this team was built to suck with over the hill ex PED using players on the super slide that is gonna decline this team into 4th or 5th place in the next couple years.

When someone takes over in an interim basis if they do a good job they usually get handed the job. Case in point the Knicks coach after Dantoni got canned. GM and everyone else in player development, coaches need to get sent out of town and get people with a vision for the future and know whats going on.

At the time the only moves of his that I disagreed with were 1) Trading 6 years of Segura for a rental which you don't even get a comp pick for anymore and 2) Paying Blanton that much, although I didn't think he would do this bad.

I don't blame him that much. Even if Pujols and Hamilton signings are not good value wise, both players should be doing a lot better than this and I don't blame him for that.