• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano in the off-season?

Cano in the off-season  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will Arte Moreno sign Cano in the off-seson?

• Yes
    • No

So, who thinks Arte Moreno gets starry eyed yet again, and signs Cano in the off-season?

All the while ignoring the pitching need, yet again?

I love you AO, but you seem truly obsessed by the worry that we will sign Cano.

I just don't see it happening in any way shape or form. The Angels really can't afford it, he is almost 30 years old (in October), and, frankly, I don't think he adds as much as people believe he does.

I really believe Dipoto will find a way to trade for a good, young starting pitcher and we will either keep Kendrick or trade him for said pitcher and have a combo of Lindsey and Field fill in at second base.

I love you AO, but you seem truly obsessed by the worry that we will sign Cano.

Agreed. Time to stop beating this drum, amigo. It's not going to happen as Cano doesn't address any of the teams needs.

Agreed. Time to stop beating this drum, amigo. It's not going to happen as Cano doesn't address any of the teams needs.

Neither did Hamilton or Pujols.

But yea, this obsession with Cano (as well as the other obsession with Trout leaving) is over the top.

There have been reasons for all of the big contracts these past 2 seasons, AO.

Pujols- To be the #3 hitter and thought to be the most productive player in baseball at the time of the signing.

Hamilton- To give Pujols protection in the 4 spot and give us a true 3/4 power combo that we've never had.

CJ- To give Weaver a true #2 behind him.

Sure, Pujols and Hamilton have been disappointments so far, but at the time of the signings he WAS addressing needs on this team. Some can argue that maybe we should have signed Anibal Sanchez instead of Hamilton, but can you imagine that offense with Trumbo or Kendrick batting 4th? Things haven't panned out the way they drew it up, but I'm not faulting Arte for spending money and trying to help this team win. Cano does not fit in with this team. There is NO need for him when we currently have Kendrick and Lindsay in the minors.