• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many feel the Angels should give up on 2014?

I say this because many argue that we should trade Aybar and or Kendrick.  We really don't have an adequate replacement for either for next year.  Yes we could probably get a decent load of prospects for them if we traded them, but without an adequate replacement at 2b or SS wouldn't we have to give up on 2014 as well?  Some may say we should.  Some say this team is a good few years away from being a playoff team.  If that is so maybe we should trade them.  However, If you feel Hamilton can return to at least near all star play (he used to be one of the best) and if Pujols can be a consistent 280 30 HR player (something even a declining Pujols can be) that this team can be a playoff team next year.  Then it would be unwise to trade Kendrick or Aybar. 

The real question is just how long of our rebuilding needs to take.

Right now we could use a ton of decent prospects. Our farm system is ranked last in MLB. Blow up as much of the team as possible in order to acquire good, YOUNG talent that you can build a team with. So what if it's 2016 before good things happen? The current team is loaded with underperforming players, many of whom seem to be going through the motions out there. The coaching is uninspiring at best, and incompetent at worst. 

Trout and Weaver are untouchable and we're stuck with Pujols and Hamilton for awhile.

Make everyone else available to trade for the right prospects.

You can't compete and rebuild at the same time. That's how this team got in this horrible state in the first place. That, and having an incompetent FO for years.

Blow it up, and look toward the future and a new direction, Pujols and Hamilton be damned. If this team is counting on them, and continues to try to "build around them" we will only see more mediocrity and bad decisions

I say this because many argue that we should trade Aybar and or Kendrick.  We really don't have an adequate replacement for either for next year.  Yes we could probably get a decent load of prospects for them if we traded them, but without an adequate replacement at 2b or SS wouldn't we have to give up on 2014 as well?  Some may say we should.  Some say this team is a good few years away from being a playoff team.  If that is so maybe we should trade them.  However, If you feel Hamilton can return to at least near all star play (he used to be one of the best) and if Pujols can be a consistent 280 30 HR player (something even a declining Pujols can be) that this team can be a playoff team next year.  Then it would be unwise to trade Kendrick or Aybar. 

The real question is just how long of our rebuilding needs to take.

I'm not looking that far yet. As long as the Angels have money, they have potential to get back to the playoffs. Hopefully, Pujols/Hamilton will have at least one good year. I want to keep Aybar and HK.

I think if the Angels can retain Vargas and trade for or sign another quality starter, they have a good shot in 2014.   

On paper, the offense looks like one of the best in baseball.    4 guys with 30HR/100RBI potential.    Just need all 4 of those guys to perform.

And I need to hit all four 7's on the slot machine next time I'm in Vegas.

Try to get as close as a team can get to doing both a rebuild and still compete.

If enough of these &&&&&& players would at least hit to close to their potential, and we can avoid the ridiculous injuries of this season, AND find a solid #3/#4 starter to go with Weaver, Wilson, and Vargas, anything is possible.

But at the same time, minimize the selling off of prospects and get this org ready to where injured players can be replaced more easily. 

I have a feeling that some of the same posters who are saying the team should rebuild will be the same ones complaining the entire season on 2014 as they have minor league talent all over the field.

I don't think so. Fans on this board are sophisticated enough to understand that this team needs to get younger and there will be growing pains. I think it will be the guys who haven't given up on this season yet who post Kendrick's line every time he has a 3 hit game saying "We'd be in contention this year if we had Aybar and Kendrick".

I'm not bagging on Kendrick. He's one of my 3 favorite Angels.

I have a feeling that some of the same posters who are saying the team should rebuild will be the same ones complaining the entire season on 2014 as they have minor league talent all over the field.

I'd rather finish in 4th place and have a sense of direction with young talent in the system, then finish in 4th place with no sense of direction at all like the current team.

So, I think you're wrong on this one

You are so off..

I applaud what teams like the Cubs and Astros are doing...

If I'm a fan of one of those teams, I get excited knowing they will be in a great position to win in 2-3 years.

Fans like you seem content with being mediocre every year, while bashing other fans for expecting more out of this org. It's rather tiresome and annoying.