• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do Something Dipoto

kevinb

First I just want to say that when I gave up on the season a month or so ago I didn't think the Angels would still be this bad today. 

I don't usually rant much but here it goes. I am so frustrated with this team, not even because they are terrible this year its because they have no passion no fire and just seem so lifeless. This is not a Mike team no one other than Trout and Bourjos has any speed and only Trout knows how to use it to steal bases. We no longer go 1st to 3rd we are a station to station team with over the hill aging veterans who fell of the PED cliff once they signed here. I don't know what happened to Pujols and Hamilton, and don't use the excuse the Pujols is hurt guy has looked awful for two years and has been declining for 4 or 5. 

This team needs a complete and utter revamp and retool and explosion and if they don't we are doomed for the next 4 plus years of finishing in third or fourth. If Dipoto only trades Downs we are stuck with basically the same line up that is crapping its bed this year. Trade them all anyone and everyone who you can. Look at what Boston did, they basically traded all their crappy contracts to a team and now is back with a great minor league system young players and such. Baseball is no longer a team that wins with 32 plus year old guys. You win with young talent. There is much less steroids and PEDs going around now then before when people would have career years past their 35th birthday.Get rid of people who have value to us but won't be of use when we are rebuilding such as Weaver Wilson etc. Keep Trout and Bourjos and build around that young nucleus. Everyone else can go for all I care. 

somehow we've got to pry chase utley away from the phillies.

the reason none of us have heard from mr.wicked yet today is that he and dipoto are working on something (but don't tell anyone i told you).

Maybe there isn't a way to trade Pujols and Hamilton but maybe there is. Also what good is it to Keep Weaver and Wilson when this team is doomed for a third place finish in the next couple years with this same roster. Make moves to bolster the farm get younger and rebuild this thing with Trout as the center piece. Get the players around him that will make this team speed heavy and defense heavy. As constructed right now it just seems like Dipoto and Arte are just playing fantasy baseball. I want this guys name on the back of my jersey. Get a plan together and start doing smart things to make this team better in the future who cares if we have 1-3 bad years at least we can get back to competing again after that.

I am not sure you trade Weaver unless he asks for it. He signed a team friendly contract to be an Angel and if he likes it here, he stays.

People keep bringing up the Boston/LA trade. While it is true that Boston sucked last year and traded away a bunch of bad contracts, the Dodgers are in first place right now WITH those bad contracts.

The Pujols and Hamilton contracts are seen as two of the worst contracts in baseball and the players are playing nowhere near what Arte thought they would do. We are stuck with them.

Trumbo is now our first baseman. He isn't going anyhere.

Our pen is young and won't bring us much.

So you are pretty much left with trading Kendrick and Aybar.

I am not sure you trade Weaver unless he asks for it. He signed a team friendly contract to be an Angel and if he likes it here, he stays.

People keep bringing up the Boston/LA trade. While it is true that Boston sucked last year and traded away a bunch of bad contracts, the Dodgers are in first place right now WITH those bad contracts.

The Pujols and Hamilton contracts are seen as two of the worst contracts in baseball and the players are playing nowhere near what Arte thought they would do. We are stuck with them.

Trumbo is now our first baseman. He isn't going anyhere.

Our pen is young and won't bring us much.

So you are pretty much left with trading Kendrick and Aybar.

Good points, all.  That said, I'm kinda expecting Howie to be wearing a different uniform in a few days.  He seems the most likely to go. 

Well there's no way of trading Pujols and the only way a team would take on Hamilton is if he magically turns it around next season.

Even then, no team would take on Hamilton with his contract. I could see it ending up like the Vernon Wells situation where some team will take him in year 4 or year 5 of his deal while takign on about $10-$15 mill of whatever he's left to be owed

Pujols is obviously here until the bitter end

Even then, no team would take on Hamilton with his contract. I could see it ending up like the Vernon Wells situation where some team will take him in year 4 or year 5 of his deal while takign on about $10-$15 mill of whatever he's left to be owed

Pujols is obviously here until the bitter end

Well lets not forget how good Hamilton was. He was definitely a top 5-10 player. If he can regain that status next year, I'm sure a lot of teams would be willing to grab him for 3 years.

Then again, the Angels would probably want to keep him if he somehow reverted back to his old self.

Right now all this team can do is fill one hole by creating another, aside from Trumbo we don't really have a player waiting in the wings who could come close to what his major league counterpart can do.

I will also take exception to the comment that Pujols has been awful for two years.  Last year was a good solid year from him.

This year he's been awful.

Right now all this team can do is fill one hole by creating another, aside from Trumbo we don't really have a player waiting in the wings who could come close to what his major league counterpart can do.

I will also take exception to the comment that Pujols has been awful for two years.  Last year was a good solid year from him.

This year he's been awful.

Thats the point create holes and lets rebuild this team. This team is going no where fast. Pujols will just get worse and worse, he is getting older and older and looks like a fat can of crap out on the field. Get rid of guys and lets start a fresh

Does anybody realize that if we can replace Blanton, Williams and Hansen this offseason for better starting pitching we should no doubt compete with the A's next year.  

No because everyone will be getting older as well. Things don't just stay the same and then you can upgrade. If you stay the same you get worse. People get injured people get older people decline more. or improve but when your over 30 you don't start to improve more you get worse and worse. Stop with this lets just add a piece here or there and we will be better. We won't be Texas will be better, Houston will be better, Oakland will be better and so will Seattle staying pat is not how you get better.

Do you have any evidence of this?  Any inkling? 

Sure I do. Everyone who was great in that time was using performance enhancing drugs. Pujols just happens to be the one guy who was better than the rest but he was completely innocent. I also recall plenty of accusations going around my various news outlets when the steroid testing came in to affect and he looked slimmer so yes. I am sure he was using, is he using now no probably not but I believe most guys who are great in sports are probably using something illegal to get the edge. Do you really believe he is the 1% of players who weren't using during that time he WAS great?

Anyone who thinks there is going to be a massive fire sale is going to be greatly disappointed. Anyone that thinks Pujols or Hamilton can be traded is delusional. Both have full no trade clauses, as does Weaver. Wilson has a full no trade clause this year and a limited NTC next. Howie Kendrick has a limited NTC.