• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you want your toast?

Well, that's it. Not that I thought we were going to make a run, but at least I stayed on this far looking for a turnaround. As a 35 year fan, 17 year season ticket holder ( I gave them up this year. Enough's enough.) I just can't take it anymore.

Understand this, I loves my Angels. And I'm not one of those fair-weather friends who shouts "You suck" every time they falter, but jeez, how much can a fan take? I have stayed away from Yankee, Red Sox, and Dodger games at the Big A, because, well, their fans DO suck. Just no fun to attend games where intimidation is the soup d'jour, homeboys.

The last two series (Twins, A's) capped my year. I'll watch, but not for long. Where do I start?

Blown leads, lifeless, anemic hitting, no spark, no nuthin'. Have you ever seen such bad clutch hitting? Angels fans have long since become used to Anaheim being the place stars careers come to die (uhhh, hello Fred Lynn, Reggie Jackson, Dave Winfield, Dave Parker, Bo Jackson, Ricky Henderson, Mo Vaughn, Cecil Fielder, Bartolo Colon, Bobby Abreu, Vernon Wells) but holy steroids batman, did anyone think Albert Puhols and Josh Hamilton would sink THIS fast? And of all the late-career guys to dump, DiPoto let's Torii go, the heart & soul & leadership of the team, and we fans LOVED him. Stupid, DiPoto.

So we're tied to these guys forever with gigantor contracts, but let's shake it up with what's left. So Puhols gets surgery to fix the plantar issue (I have plantar fasciitis, so I know the pain) and maybe, MAYBE, he comes back to a great year next year, but Hamilton is toast. My god he looks just awful at the plate. Half-hearted, one-armed swings at balls low and outside, like waving at a train passing by. His head is way far away. Someone give this guy some caffeine or nicotine, FAST. Looks like we're stuck with him, but let's stop pretending he's a cleanup hitter. He & Puhols have killed more rally's with groundball DPs  and soft pop-ups, and strike-outs,than the rest of the league combined.

Let's get Bourjos back, if he ever gets over his hangnails, at leadoff, Aybar in the 2-hole (Mike, ditch the # 9-hole, 2nd lead-off concept, please)  Trout at 3-hole, Trumbo at cleanup (let's stop playing with TNT and pay these 2 guys, huh? I'm betting Trout goes to the Yankees), and find out WTF is Trumbo's second-half issue (?).  Puhols at 5.Howie, my man, at #6. Hamilton at 7. That's it. With the rest, start over. When we got Callaspo, I said "solid guy, but we're never gonna win a championship again with this guy at 3rd. Sorry. he's a journeyman. A hole-filler. Hasn't got the heart of a winner. Same goes for Shuck. Good guy. We'll never win with him. Same goes for Ianetta and Conger behind the plate. Changes needed at those 3 slots.

Pitching? OMG.

Get Blanton on the the next bus, please. And Hanson right behind him. Of course keep Weaver, Wilson, maybe Vargas and then sign a good free agent. Jerome Williams? See if there's a 2-for-1 bus ticket with Blanton. Hang on to Frieri, but look to upgrade. Downs goes. If Jepson can't get control of his fastball, adios. The rest? who cares? I like Maronde. Maybe Richards.

Butcher hasn't shown me much, certainly not after Bud Black, and Arte.........Scioscia isn't your problem. Dipoto is. The fans love Mike.

It aint his fault you let Torii go and brought in Hamilton. He didn't give Albert his plantar, or break Weavers arm. Keep Mike or you risk sending me away for good. And about those beer prices: look, I gave up my season's tickets after 17 years this year. Broke my heart. When I go to Stub Hub now I feel like an illegal alien. Don't price out your seats so that only corporate buyers can afford them. The corporate fans have no heart. We can always tell the corporate jerks at ball games. they don't cheer and jeer. Too cool for that. They have no heart. That's why you have to use electronic billboards to rally the fans. "Make Some Noise"? How about "Make some hits"? "Make some runs". You want noise? Bring real fans back. And, sadly, it's time to lose the rally monkey. Sorry. It's just played out.

And Gubi's "Big Fly" is cool. Signature. But tell him to lose "Key To The Game". It has become "Key to the Lame". Get in touch with your base Arte, it ain't all just about bucks.

Pangea-Brands-MLB-Toaster-Los-Angeles-An

I should buy one of these just to remind myself every day.

Joking aside, someone I know ordered one of these.  Horrible.  Similar complaints abound.

If you want a cheap gift that is actually functional, go for these.  Pretty nice actually.

http://www.amazon.com/Pangea-Brands-MLB_SANDWICH_PRESS_PARENT-Sandwich-Press/dp/B00DOFRG9Q/ref=pd_sim_sg_3

Unfortunately, seems Angels are not popular enough to have a model.

Joking aside, someone I know ordered one of these.  Horrible.  Similar complaints abound.

If you want a cheap gift that is actually functional, go for these.  Pretty nice actually.

http://www.amazon.com/Pangea-Brands-MLB_SANDWICH_PRESS_PARENT-Sandwich-Press/dp/B00DOFRG9Q/ref=pd_sim_sg_3

Unfortunately, seems Angels are not popular enough to have a model.

Incorrect...because I have an Angels one. Wife bought one for my bday. I make waffles with it, but it's a better sandwich press.

Incorrect...because I have an Angels one. Wife bought one for my bday. I make waffles with it, but it's a better sandwich press.

Ahh cool so I guess just not distributed through Amazon or a different mfg?  

I live off Amazon Prime (I find more stuff on there that custom distributors don't even have), so if it's on there that would be great.

Linky linky.

Ahh cool so I guess just not distributed through Amazon or a different mfg?  

I live off Amazon Prime (I find more stuff on there that custom distributors don't even have), so if it's on there that would be great.

Linky linky.

She got it off of a group-on thing. I'll ask her if she remembers the company.