• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto GM History

gotbeer

OK:

So Far:

1.  Pujols, mistake!  Although I have hope that the injuries will get him to be an impact player.

2.  Fieri was a good move

3.  Grienke was a mistake in hindsight. 

4.  Hawkins, mistake

5.  Kendrick Signing:  good move

6.  Aybar signing:  good move

7. Iannetta trade:  To be determined. 

8. Madson:  Disaster

9. Burnett:  Disaster so far, but still to be determined

10.  Blanton:  Mega disaster

11.  Hanson:  Mega Disaster

12.  Trading Santana:  Disaster because we had Blanton and Hanson

13.  Releasing Haren:  Disaster because we had Blanton and Hanson

14.  Hamilton:  Disaster until August......but to be determined.

15.  Joe Smith:  To be determined

16.  Ibanez: to be determined, but price can't be too bad of a mistake...if it is one.

17.  Mathis trade:  Great for the Angelswin board, but I am not sure if his loss hurt our pitching.  It certainly helped our hitting.

18. Kendrys Morales:  Did not miss him, Vargas helped a lot until he got hurt.  He wasn't going to be with the Angels this year anyway.  It might have been bad since we did lose Pujols for half the season.

19.  Trading Walden, Disaster because it brought us Hanson

20. Downs trade:  to be determined

21.  Callaspo trade:  good move

22.  Bourjos trade:  to be determined.  One thing not debated much about this trade, Trout's agent may have told the front office that he would not sign an extension if he wasn't playing CF.  If that is the case, the trade was good no matter what Freese does.  Although I am just speculating.  I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes.

23:  Trumbo Trade:  To be determined, but looks good so far

24:  Romine Trade:  good, no matter how Alvarez pitches.  Romine wasn't going to help us and Alvarez could end up being a very good pitcher

So out of 24 moves: 

6 turned out to be good moves

6 are to be determined

2  are disasters, but could end up being good

10  are either mistakes or disasters.......

He is batting around .500

Edited by stormngt

Meh. He's Jesus Christ reincarnate compared to Reagins. If he can get a stud catcher in this year's draft, and find a way to help Butcher find the door he'll be alright in my book.

I think Butcher knows where the door is. Dipoto needs to open it and push Butchy through it, then lock it behind him.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

The Angels owner, however, wasn’t thinking that way. Instead, Moreno said it was a very G-rated line from the late comedian that came to mind upon first reflection of the 2015 team.

“He’s not feeling well and asks the doctor, ‘What are the symptoms?’” Moreno said, telling a joke he has told before. “The doctor says to him, ‘You’re looking at the symptoms.’”

In other words, the Angels’ holes – primarily a batting order pocked with dead spots – were as obvious to him as they were to the rest of us, and thank goodness the man who helped build this failed roster is now working in Seattle, where, presumably, he’ll ruin the Mariners next.

For the record, Moreno insisted Monday that acquiring Hamilton wasn’t solely his decision, suggesting that had Dipoto and the team’s baseball operations staff vetoed the signing it never would have happened.

“It’s not like I walk in the room and say, ‘Hey, guys, look what I’ve got,’” Moreno said. “It really is a collaborative effort. These are things we talk about as a group and make a collective decision.”

OC Register

In other words, the Angels’ holes – primarily a batting order pocked with dead spots – were as obvious to him as they were to the rest of us, and thank goodness the man who helped build this failed roster is now working in Seattle, where, presumably, he’ll ruin the Mariners next.

For the record, Moreno insisted Monday that acquiring Hamilton wasn’t solely his decision, suggesting that had Dipoto and the team’s baseball operations staff vetoed the signing it never would have happened.

“It’s not like I walk in the room and say, ‘Hey, guys, look what I’ve got,’” Moreno said. “It really is a collaborative effort. These are things we talk about as a group and make a collective decision.”

OC Register

Ha

So, not only is he a quitter, he doesn't take responsibility for his failures.

Is JD related to Josh Hamilton by any chance?

Arte has as much motivation to pass the buck to Jerry as Jerry does to blame Arte. I fail to see how these quotes absolve the Angels of any responsibility. If it's truly a collaborative effort, a majority of the collaborators are still in the room.

Ha

So, not only is he a quitter, he doesn't take responsibility for his failures.

Is JD related to Josh Hamilton by any chance?

Here is my five star lock of the 2015 draft. If Taylor Ward is a good every day catcher Dipoto will be given the credit. If Taylor Ward fails at any given time, regardless of when or where it will be about Scioscia having too much power and forced the pick. Something something Mathis.

Here is my five star lock of the 2015 draft. If Taylor Ward is a good every day catcher Dipoto will be given the credit. If Taylor Ward fails at any given time, regardless of when or where it will be about Scioscia having too much power and forced the pick. Something something Mathis.

I think you're way off in this one.